Jason McCullough's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List - RTM Release

Thank you for making a gif of that bug. Hilarious.

I can find a couple reports of people seeing similiar things but no resolution.

Does disabling every mod in OBMM fix it? That’d narrow down if it’s a script bug or engine/savegame bug at least.

Hurray! I tried disabling everything as you suggested and I think the problem went away. It was hard to verify because without MMM, there aren’t nearly as many encounters. So to make it easier to verify, I turned just MMM on and ran around killing things until I was satisfied that it was still working fine. Then I turned the first two dozen or so mods on, tested, still worked, and then enabled the next two dozen… Eventually something broke. I disabled half of the last batch of mods I had enabled and kept halving until I narrowed it down to…

Change In Management! This is just a lowly little quest mod that adds an NPC in the Lonely Suitor Lodge in Bravil. Short quest, ~10 minutes. You wouldn’t think such a trifling thing would be capable of fucking up your game. In the comments at the link:

“After you finish this mod, you may need to disable it to avoid a very strange bug that can cause creatures and NPCs in unrelated areas to get “stuck” when trying to move.”

“I had the people getting stuck problem too. Had no idea what is was and didnt supect this. I was having a lot of trouble with arena matches. Perennia Draconis was at the cabin for me too. :) Gonna have to deactivate this, but was a good quest and i’d like more.”

So for those playing at home, I’d recommend either foregoing this mod or making sure you disable it upon completion.

Also, in my testing without most of the mods, I noticed enemies weren’t as beefy. When I had all my mods on, often I’d run across a group of outlaws or something that will be really tough. I don’t mind a challenge here and there but it’s annoying when I hit something with my sword and I can’t even notice their health bar going down because it’s so miniscule (and my blade skill is as high as I can get it until I unlock the master trainer). Is it supposed to be this way? When I was slowly enabling mods and only had MMM on and a handful of other mods, the combat-difficulty was more what I expected it to be. Do you know what’s causing it to be so much harder, and is there a way to tone it down a bit?

Wow, that’s unexpected. I’ll make a note to delete A Change In Management on next update.

On difficulty, I think Mart’s and Combat Behavior are the only ones impacting it. You may want to just drop Mart’s; annoyingly they don’t have it tweakable like in Fallout 3 that I can tell.

I am actually working on updating this at the moment. Hoo boy, watch this space.

Thanks in advance. I’m playing your version of F:NV now, and I really appreciate the work you’ve put in. Next, it may be time to fire up a newly modded Oblivion again!

Perhaps I’ll finish it this time ;)

EDIT: This is not easy. My first effort produced a huge number of “archive not found” errors. Deleting everything and trying again.

I didn’t screw the scripts and game up too bad when updating it, did I? :p

Looking forward to it. Getting that itch.

You did a great job, it’s just that now that I’m looking at it there’s a ton of shit I didn’t notice to fix. For example, QTP3 Redimized is dead, but QTP3 isn’t, and guess which is more compatible with the UOP Supplemental? Hopefully tomorrow night, maybe?

Finished all the way up to quests, just two folders to go.

Hmm. So that means I should wait a little bit for some thread updates before grabbing the goodness and play Oblivion again?

You might as well wait at this point. I used the nightsniper edition and it worked fine. I didn’t dig into it much though. I just ran through Shivering Isles. It’s nice to walk around and listen to the music.

The only thing I wanted to see was better normal and color maps for distant land. They looked very low-res and bland. It’s distracting. Everything else looked great though.

Updates complete, testing now.

Redimized is the one that plays well with UOP?

I’m too ADD to get far enough to test some of the stuff, especially on RPGs :P

Redimized doesn’t, so I had to go back to the original QTP3. Oh, and there’s this horrible issue with the Steam version where unless you update the last modified date on every single file nothing works.

Isn’t there a fixed Launcher that bypasses this Steam shenanigan?
Think I had one for FO3NV at least.

It’s not a launcher issue that I can tell, instead it’s a ESM/everything else conflict on last modified date. Or something.

I’m in final cleanup mode now, it’ll be out later tonight.

Updated to V20. See first post. Should be noticably faster and way more stable. Note you’ll need a 768MB+ video card now; let me know if that’s really a concern for anyone.

1. Going forward from release 20, all upgrades will be a simple batch file that preserves save games.
  2. It is unlikely save games created previous to release 20 will function in this version (20) or later releases.
  3. Instructions are included if you really want to try.
  • Added QTP3 1.3.
  • Fixed a few file copying issues.
  • Fixed file last modified date vs. load order issue with the Steam version.
  • Removed Abnormal Caves for conflicts.
  • Removed A Change In Management due to bugs.
  • Removed Faster Mercantile Leveling for conflicts.
  • Removed HighPerf installer.
  • Removed Low Poly Grass.
  • Removed Mart’s Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp due to BOSS suggestion about causing crashes.
  • Removed Mart’s Monster Mod - City Defences.esp for conflicts.
  • Removed Mart’s Monster Mod - More Passive Wildlife.esp due to BOSS suggestion about bugs.
  • Removed Short Grass.
  • Removed No Refraction Spells.
  • Removed PYFFI QTP3 Optimized for conflicts.
  • Removed Rational Names for conflicts.
  • Removed QTP3 Redimized for conflicts.
  • Removed QTP3 Reduced for conflicts.
  • Removed The City of Bjornheim due to BOSS suggestion about bugs.
  • Removed Updated Official DLC MOBS (merged with MOBS => 2.0a).
  • Updated Brewhouse to v1.5.
  • Updated Map Marker Overhaul to 3.9.2.
  • Updated MiniMap to v0x7x2a.
  • Updated MOBS - Medieval Oblivion Equipment Balance System to 2.0a.
  • Updated Oblivion Stutter Remover to 4.1.24RC.
  • Updated Spell Delete and Item Remove to 4.0.
  • Updated Streamline download location.

Oh, in positive news apparently there’s a Nexus file downloader in development. I wouldn’t hold your breath about it coming out or anything, but maybe they’ll have it done someday.

I heard about that a while back. I’m interested in seeing how it turns out.

By needing a 786MB+ card, would that be with settings maxed? I’ve got a 512MB HD4850