Jason McCullough's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List - RTM Release

Are there any free VPN services that would allow your connection to appear as if it originated from the United States?

I hate to break it to you and Scotten, but that’s not the only reason you can’t use his compilation anymore. Jason’s installer requires it to be updated with all current mod versions, and those versions change so frequently–even for an older game like Oblivion–that the wearying pace of keeping something like this up to date is almost a full-time job.

I love Jason for doing these, but the best advice is to strike when the iron is hot, so to speak. This compilation is now 3 1/2 years old. You’d do better by looking for something more recent now…(As someonewho helped compile another list of mods for Oblivion, I’d say the same thing about someone inquiring about the work that we did on POOP. It’s old, it’s outmoded, there are newer and better mods that supersede what we were looking at 4 years ago.)

Maybe an installer like this would work on github, constantly forked by others, so that it never dies. One person is never going to keep something like this up to date.

i’ll see about that, thanks :)

@Triggercut:
But Jason is the only one to continu/maintain his pack… i mean, there are some things like FCOM SuperPack, but really too old and not maintain anymore.

@Quaro:
Not a bad idea.

Jason’s not continuing it, and hasn’t for a few years.

Look elsewhere.

ah ? (but the update v25 ??)

By the way, i’ve done an install by hand (FCOM, Vilja, HGEC, Robert, Enhanced Economy, nGCD + obse plugins) and all work well (crossing fingers)

Thank for the answers :)

Last year I went through and updated it all, but it’s exceedingly unlikely I’ll ever do that again. My recommendation:

1. Take the list of mods and use it as a starting point.
  2. Ignore all of 11-Quests, the game has enough damn content as it is.
  3. It’ll work fine without the 10-Textures-Items filefront ones.

Wow 10 years later and it hasn’t gotten any easier installing a large set of curated mods. I’m still expected to spend 20 hours downloading, installing, and becoming an expert on debugging load orders, balancing the game myself, etc.

How is that in the Oblivion community it was considered super evil to make mod packs, while in the Minecraft community it’s totally standard that you install one ‘mod’ with a single click it’s actually a collection of like 250 other mods made by all different people, each setup and fine tuned to produce a certain kind of experience as a whole. There’s no legal difference between Oblivion and Minecraft mods is there? It’s just in Oblivion it was an established norm not to do that, and in Minecraft, allowing your mod to be in other mod packs was by default allowed.

(Don’t get me wrong, Minecraft modding is a mess, but at least you can install giant curated modpacks all at once and if you find the right version of Minecraft it’s actually fine.)

I have never gotten more than 5 hours into Oblivion and I guess I never will. lol.

The Elder Scrolls VI - House of Cards

You can probably find packs on TPB.
And yea, it was, and still is, mind boggling that parts of the TES community are so against packs.

5 hours is probably as far as I got in Oblivion as well… Did plan on finishing Morrowind though, but, there is just so much exploring to do…

Funny, I had just been searching for Oblivion mods recently and ran into the same issue… there doesn’t seem to be a good mod pack that pretties everything up, etc. I think I had an easier time modding Morrowind, actually.

I’ve been dinking around with Oblivion again lately, partly to poke at the radial AI. Sitting around in a bar watching the NPCs interact with each other – that sort of thing.

Hey there, Jason. Your name sounds familiar. Do you perhaps know anything about the monasteries under elder Ephraim in the US? I thought you were involved with them in some way…

Jason hasn’t posted in years. Good luck with your stalking quest.