Jason's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List

NM! Just saw how big the file is. I’ll seed instead if I ever get it dl’d…but right now, doesn’t look like anyone’s got over 25 mb or so done.

We’re all at the mercy of Lum’s upload at the moment.

That said, it’s going faster than I expected.

I just checked, and it looks like the unofficial patch is up to version 1.7.1.

http://baldurdash.org/TESOblivion/TESOblivion.html

• Alan

Is the seed down? I’m getting nada, although I’m still uploading bits of my 15% complete file.

Damn it really took a nosedive as it was looking like I’d get the whole download tonight, but now it’s really slow.

edit: Ok noob question: how is it I’ve uploaded 1.04 gigs but only downloaded 326MB?

Thanks Jason and Lum!

note: I’m getting 770 kpbs speed right now! The new uTorrent client 1.6.1 is a lot better than the old one 1.6

Yeah, the problem is though because I only get around 40k/s upstream bandwidth that you’ll hit a wall around, looks like 20-25% right now. It’s probably going to take a couple of days for this to fully distribute to the HIVEMIND.

Yea, I just came back to say the speed drop hit, and I’m at ~40 kpbs now.

Because you can upload to multiple people.

We’re actually cookin’ along right now. I’m at 71% or so downloaded (and getting a very spiffy and reasonable–considering we’re still at one seeder–dl rate of between 35-75), and I’m blowtorching uploads at 245 kps for new joiners.

Oh, and here’s why you want this torrent, and these mods.

Oblivion is pretty finicky about how it accepts mods–seems at least to be moreso than Morrowind was. Now, Blackhawk (the OO guy who was one of the main guys behind OO’s excellent Morrowind Mods DVD) does have a great list of Oblivion mods up at OO, again with rationale and explanation as to why he uses each one. Very findable with a search.

That said: It took me days and days to dl all those mods, and of the 20 or so he mentions, only 2 are in OMOD format that I could find. So…things get loaded out of order, conflict, and don’t play well with one another. There have been plenty of times where I’ve thought that if only I could get a good mod list done in OMOD, my Oblivion life would be complete.

And here it is.

And it’s a good list of mods.

And the Oblivion Mod Manager (which you’ll need for this) is a spiffy piece of free 3rd-party software which will make using all these an absolute breeze, even for n00bs to this sorta thing.

So seriously. You want this.

Mmm… I’m considering making an add-on pack to put in Mighty Magick and any other things I can think of.

Bunch of us have this now, and are seeding.

Lum: Don’t you need MMM 1.71 installed before you install 2.0rc? That’s what the Planet Elder Scrolls entry for the mod says.

Also, if you want OOO and FranOOOMMM! (a mod/patch that lets you run Francesco’s, OOO, and MMM at the same time) then here are the links:

Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul
(Get 1.3 and the OOO 1.31 Patch)

FranOOOMMM! (How to configure the load order in OBMM)

Just wanted to add also, Lum did a pile of work finding/converting all kinds of things in OMOD format here instead of the usual big dump
of raw image files. This neatly solves the messy problem when uninstalling mods, which usually causes headaches.

Other mods to add:

Wrye’s Mods:
Knights of the Nine Patch
Landmarks with Wells
Rational Names (Requires Doofdilla meshes first, which is included in Potable Pastiche, which is included in OOO 1.3)

Whoops. Think you’re right. You should be able to uninstall my version of the MMM omod, install the omod from Planet Elder Scrolls and then install the patch.

Eventually we’re going to need a new version of this .zip. Thanks to the scale I couldn’t do an overwhelming amount of testing.

For the lackwits and dullards like myself, correct me if I’m missing stuff.

1. I’m uninstalling MMM 2.0 from OMM.
  2. I’m dl’ing (thanks to Kunikos’ link) the MMM 1.71 OMOD
  3. I’m installing and activating that in OMM
  4. I’m then DL’ing the MMM-2Orc.7z file

Is the file in 4 a patch or is it unzipped to the Oblivion/Data folder?

Unzipped to the Oblivion/Data folder.

if you get it wrong you’ll be occasionally attacked by invisible monsters, which isn’t crash-worthy but could be frustrating!

I believe you can still use the omod that Lum made for 2.0rc but only if you tell OBMM that it’s OK to ignore conflicts.

Edit: Make sure to deactivate the older version (the ESPs not the omod) once you activate the 2.0 omod.

Some more mods:

Gameplay
Sigil Stones Expanded and Enhanced
Bounty Reduction Over Time
Tamriel Travelers
Deadly Reflexes - Combat Moves (Req. OBSE)

Gfx
Initial Glow
Atmospheric Dark UI Loading Screens

Mod Compatibility Fixes
OOO & Mighty Magick Skill Rate Fixes
OOO 1.31d binpatch fix

NEWS:
Francesco’s has been updated to 4.2.

Edit: Probably worth mentioning that if you are using an older version of OBMM make sure you install the latest version BEFORE you start installing all these mods that Lum packaged, because installing the newer OBMM will lose your old activation list and you will have to re-activate them all again. (obmm 0.9.14 is out)

I’ll be mirroring the big download for any QT3er who wants it. I’ll update when it’s ready.