Jessica Jones - from Marvel and Netflix

That’s close to how I feel about it. I liked the Jessica Jones, superpowered private eye stuff but felt the big bads weren’t good, the Malcolm stuff was kind of rushed and felt very out of character, and Hogarth stayed one dimensional when there was a real chance for growth.

Finished the third and final season over the weekend.

I liked this season better than Season Two, and I liked the character interaction and subplots of this season better than those of Season One, but Season One had a much better villain in Killgrave (Tenant). The villain this season was weak (literally and figuratively) and I felt like it dragged on too long as he either should have been busted by the cops or met with a super-induced “accident” halfway through the season.

I was also not a fan of how Trish’s story ended. I liked her character more as the seasons progressed, and I thought putting her through the emotional wringer by way of what happened to her mom, and then having that turn her from crime-fighter with a conscience into a stone cold raging killer was weaksauce. If the writers knew the series was ending, they could have just as easily written an ending where Trish and Jessica end as sisters who fight crime together, or at least one where Trish leaves the city (perhaps after faking her death as Trish Walker) to start over as a superhero somewhere else. I found the ending as written to be depressing and disappointing, and then to have Jessica just decide “fuck it, I’m gonna stick around and be the hero after all” after all that…meh. Also poor Malcolm, it’s like the writers got halfway through the season and just couldn’t figure out where to go with his character.

Sad to see this show go though. I thought it was the highest quality series of the Netflix Marvel shows, and I really liked that the main characters, from Jessica to Trish to Jerri to even Dorothy, were strong women.

Season 1 was my favorite with David Tennant as Purple Man.