Jessica Jones - from Marvel and Netflix

Trailer looks nice. Daredevil ended up pretty big dissapoitment for me, so I hope this will do better.

Well, there hasn’t really been a standing Avengers team until the end of Age of Ultron and the “new” Avengers set up shop, but not in NYC as shown in Ant Man.

I mean, as long as we’re arguing fictional superhero worldbuilding logic…

Earth-Whatever of the MCU is basically under siege. Insane shit is happening all over the place. How many demands are there on Tony Stark’s time? I mean, the level of crisis has to be pretty crazy huge to get Iron Man to show up. Yes, even for 15 minutes to punch Wilson Fisk in the face or whatever. And really, would punching him in the face have solved any of Daredevil’s problems? Tony Stark doesn’t have any particular legal authority to pierce the many layers of lawyers between Fisk and any illegal activity.

As witnessed by the source material, keeping an entire Marvel Universe consistent is impossible. My advice is to just roll with it and appreciate each property on its own merits.

Be grateful Wolverine isn’t on every single show, never referencing other things he’s ever done.

I just read that all thirteen episodes drop on the same day, Nov 20th.

I shall binge.

Me too - very impressed with that trailer. Looks even more confident than Daredevil.

She is already known to SHIELD, unless they change her backstory. The premise is that she was a superhero who wasn’t very good at it, so she became a PI.

Well that’s not quite fair, it’s not that she wasn’t very good, it’s that she
what happened

got mind-controlled and made to do bad things by Killgrave, which nipped her superheroic career in the bud.

Which I’m sure is something that’s going to be revealed in the course of the series. Also, you get the sense from SHIELD that there are a few superheroes off-camera that they know about who are running around freely.

The trailer looks really promising. Particularly loved Cage chatting to her about her power level. I think it was Emergency Awesome who mentioned that the way they make her getting up to the railing ambiguous between her being able to fly and just jumping very high, is reminiscent of the power level of v1.0 of Superman.

Cannot fracking wait!

It was kind of both - she was really awkward using her powers, especially flying. Too bad they won’t be able to do the Scott Lang antman arc with her - that would be amazing.

Is that Luke Cage in the trailer?

Yes, I believe it is. I don’t know the actor playing cage but the character figures prominently in this series, as I understand it.

That trailer. . .holy shit. Really liked everything about the trailer. Tennant feels like he’s going to be amazing.

Another trailer, some slight variations on what we’ve seen already.

From the Variety review. It looks like the first 7 episodes have been offered for screening:

Two mainstays of film noir are the tough-talking dame and the cynical private eye, and one of the pleasures of “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” is that it unites both types in one thorny and fascinating character. The show, which features an exceptional performance from Krysten Ritter and sure-handed guidance from executive producer Melissa Rosenberg, is not just a contender for the title Best Marvel-related TV Property; in a supremely crowded TV scene, it is one of the year’s most distinctive new dramas.

— Alan

Evil David Tennant?

If this is good I may have all 13 done by Saturday evening.

The US site for Den of Geek has a review up, and they think it is better than Daredevil, and call Tennant Marvel’s first truly terrifying villain. My weekend is now fully booked by this, Friday cannot come soon enough.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/jessica-jones/250573/jessica-jones-review-spoiler-free

That Den of Geek partial-review couldn’t have been more glowing. This sounds awesome.

any early thoughts? I stayed up to see it unlock but it didn’t at midnight, at least EST.

Yeah, I think it wound up being midnight PST based on the /r/defenders launch thread.

I watched 2/3 of the first ep over my lunch break. Tennant’s barely been more than a whispered, forgotten menace thus far and I’m already utterly and completely skeeved out by him. Liking all the characters we’ve spent time with aside from that, and the slow reveal of just how thoroughly broken Jessica Jones is–even this early on–is just fabulous. Ritter’s knocking it out of the park thus far.

Flipside, I’m finding some of the sex to be a little unnecessarily graphic/plentiful thus far (four separate scenes heavy on sex/sexuality/etc.). Not a prude by any means, but when I find that something like a third of my screentime thus far’s been spent staring at people grinding on each other in various states of undress, I can’t help but wonder if all of it was completely necessary to tell the tale.

My hope is that it’s meant to be a little uncomfortable and to sort of set the stage for whatever Killgrave’s modus operandi winds up being in the series via some sort of weird gonzo foreshadowing technique, but my fear is that it’s just Marvel/Netflix bein like “Hey, we can have people DOIN IT WOO BOY”

Obviously, super early impressions, but hey, I actually found some time to consume of this in time to discuss it with people before diving into a miserable hole filled with Calculus for the rest of the weekend, so may as well put in my $0.02!