John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

I’m not sure how you can listen John McCain’s speech and confirm this guy.

Thanks for that link.

Trump: “I like Senators who don’t have brain cancer.”

This may belong in the Russia disrupts election thread. A very detailed looked at Russian’s attempt to smear Sen. McCain.

I am sure that the thousands of rabid Trump supporters who liked and retweet this garbage, won’t even get the reference when I call them “Putin’s Useful Idiots”. I’m still having hard time wrapping my head around that it is Republican and conservatives who are now Russia’s Useful Idiots.

McCain doesn’t have long to live, and recently let the White House know through his friends that he doesn’t want Donald Trump to attend his funeral. He would like Mike Pence to attend instead.

No one is saying goodbye, not explicitly. The son and grandson of admirals, Mr. McCain “doesn’t like overt sentimentality,” as his friend the former chief of staff Grant Woods put it. But his visitors are telling him they love him, how much he has meant to them — and together they are taking care of unfinished business.

The Republican senator encouraged the former Democratic vice president to “not walk away” from politics, as Mr. Biden put it before refusing to discuss a possible 2020 presidential run. Mr. McCain is using a new book and documentary to reveal his regret about not selecting former Senator Joseph I. Lieberman as his running mate in 2008. His intimates have informed the White House that their current plan for his funeral is for Vice President Mike Pence to attend the service to be held in Washington’s National Cathedral but not President Trump.

I like people that didn’t contract brain cancer.

Is it true McCain is the master of “say one thing, vote for another?”

Master? I think that goes to Rand Paul.
McCain is fairly high up there, but never forget he also walked in, dropped a thumbs down and ruined McConnell’s year.

Man, that Onion headline is spot on.

Here is what I tweeted to Graham on his statement that he is voting for Haspel

Here is McCain’s statement.

Washington, D.C. ­– U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement today on the nomination of Gina Haspel to be Director of the CIA:

"Today, Gina Haspel testified before the Senate and to the country about her qualifications to lead the CIA. This occasion provided an opportunity to provide details about her experience in the CIA, explain her involvement in the so-called enhanced interrogation program during the Bush Administration, and account for the mistakes the country made in torturing detainees held in U.S. custody after the September 11th attacks. Unfortunately, the testimony the American people heard from Ms. Haspel today failed to address these concerns.

"Like many Americans, I understand the urgency that drove the decision to resort to so-called enhanced interrogation methods after our country was attacked. I know that those who used enhanced interrogation methods and those who approved them wanted to protect Americans from harm. I appreciate their dilemma and the strain of their duty. But as I have argued many times, the methods we employ to keep our nation safe must be as right and just as the values we aspire to live up to and promote in the world.

“I believe Gina Haspel is a patriot who loves our country and has devoted her professional life to its service and defense. However, Ms. Haspel’s role in overseeing the use of torture by Americans is disturbing. Her refusal to acknowledge torture’s immorality is disqualifying. I believe the Senate should exercise its duty of advice and consent and reject this nomination.”

God, he has such clarity on that one point. Once upon a time you’d have thought “torture bad” was a no-brainer, but now we need an actual victim of torture to explain it to us, and we all nod sagely and then ignore him anyway.

There is really interesting excerpt of McCain new book in the WSJ. Talking about how and why he got the Steele dossier. Plus a excellent reminder of just who Putin is.

If people are having trouble with the WSJ paywell let me know I’ll post the whole thing.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/john-mccain-vladimir-putin-is-an-evil-man-1525964549

I’ve order the book and I’m planning on reading on my flight back to Hawaii. I’m more than a little concerned that my end up crying while reading it. Why the fuck does McCain get brain cancer and not Trump.

Why the fuck does McCain get brain cancer and not Trump.

Because of Trump’s immaculate diet and stringent exercise regimen.

My wife’s grandmother, who was 98, got a severe case of constipation and eventually went septic. Essentially she died because she got too full of shit.

This would be appropriate for Trump.

I wish Trump would get ass cancer.

Well the Be Best campaign is off to a great start.

“Political maverick” just means he can troll liberals.

[edit]

Wow, this article is shocking.