Jurassic World Evolution by Frontier Developments

Very playable.

I had to laugh at this.

I haven’t figured out how to move objects yet, only demolish them, which is less than ideal. I’m hoping I’m missing something obvious, or I haven’t unlocked the function yet.

Also, I like to play from a more overhead, 3/4 perspective view, and the game keeps switching to the close-up money shot zoom every time I click into anything, and stays in that mode when exiting, which I’ve found extremely annoying.

The stand-in voice actor for Owen/Chris Pratt is absolutely horrible in an awesome comedic way. I don’t think it was intentional.

You have to unlock the ability to move objects when designing your park? Seriously?

I actually have no idea. It may be there from the start, but I can’t figure out how to utilize it currently. I do see a demolish option, which I’ve been using. I’m hoping it’s something a mission or quest will teach/unlock for me.

I also found out the hard way you can only have 1 mission active at a time. I was making good progress on my current one, when I saw one that I had already completed. Thinking I could get a quick reward, I took that one, and it replaced the one i was on. Grrr, and such.

The dinosaurs sure look cool in the game., move really well. I read they don’t do anything, like don’t move in herds, or packs or anything but the look is good.

Dinos from the same class tend to herd together, but still do individual things. I see them graze, drink water, run away from other dinos. They eat at the feeder, and stumble around when sick/old. No carnivores yet, but I hear they hunt the herbivores.

They actually herd? I read they don’t really act naturally together, but that’s cool if that’s not true.

What’s the difference between herding and hanging out together?

The largest group we’ve had is 4 Struthiomimus in the starting enclosure, so maybe we got lucky seeing them hang out?

Not an expert here but if you go back to the original move, the herd "flocks: together. it’s more than just walking in the same general direction… they move almost like a single entity. You’d expect to see similar with a predator attack. And then of course the pack hunters coordinate their attacks. There should also be some sign of dominance… like a leader. They’re also not… monsters. They really should only for territorial or hunger reasons.

Asking for that is a bit much for any game. I was mostly just thinking if there’s a herd they would move together with some leader, probably the oldest or biggest or something. A little dinosaur fun and a good park sim is really what I wanted, watching 3 longnecks move around in Land Before Time style with a little one between them would just be a bonus.

Braben cited support difficulties as the reason for no mods.

Frontier’s Jurassic World Evolution will not have mod support, as Frontier has previously explained. Which seems a shame, given the vast catalogue of player-made projects the developer’s Planet Coaster boasts. In conversation with Phil at E3, David Braben compared JWE to both Planet Coaster and Elite Dangerous, and said that while there’s scope for it to follow a similar path, he himself is wary of mod support as “it means that we can’t easily update the game.”

Braben explains that while Elite doesn’t explicitly support mods, it does have third-party tools and third-party plugins which act in a similar way. “With mod support, people almost assume we’re doing it out of some Machiavellian [plan],” says Braben. “What we don’t want, though, is the game going in multiple directions and we can’t touch the code—because then you would trash all the mods.”

Got it, thanks!

Based on that, then no, no herding. Lots of hanging out though.

I’d like to see a time remaining on tasks info too, without needing to drill into 3-4 menus to see. Buildings have an icon when there’s something there for you to do, and the game does notify you when something has been completed, but they’re really easy to miss and dismiss when you’re up to your elbows in dino poop. :P

Ok on the 2nd island, and having a tough time getting a profit going, twice I get it going but then some dino get out and kill people and I go 1 million in the whole. Suggestions?

In the beginning stick to herbivores until you have a couple million banked. And for herbivores i usually stick to the little bird ones that you get right at the beginning and triceratops. i usually avoid the little ones with a spike ball on their tails as they can be mean. I also add them in twos so they arn’t alone. And finally dont be afraid of the Landscape tool, Make sure you add trees and grassland when the dinos comfort level starts dropping. If you need a carnivore for a mission i would use the Ceratasaur (sic) (T-rex lookalike) he’s pretty easy going and will be ok in a pair.

What MwM said. Use herbivores to build the bank, get a few guest money sinks going (gift shop, clothing, fast food) and build the bank. Take easy contracts that give good rewards and/or easy goals.

The Ceratosaurus? I actually made two of them and even tree’d the hell of their enclosure, and they still escaped and ate some guests!!! I didn’t have the ability to lay out grass though…I didn’t see how to unlock that.

Also I kept getting the job to put a cardio mod in a dino, but the research tree says that wont be available till the next island! I was like wha??? canceled the job, and then lose some rep. Either I don’t really understand something about the game, or its poorly designed. Or maybe really bad just at explaining what I need to do, to be successful.

Yea, one of the jobs they gave me early was to build the hotel for 100 grand reward, you only spend just shy of a million to build it, I was like …you guys suck lol

In the Landscape tool has three options trees, water and terrain. Under the tree option its add trees, add grass then remove trees and grass. pick the middle one and just add it everywhere, even in water. Make sure you have a big enough pen also.

Yea the missions are random and dont take into account where you are. I have gotten some to find a specific dino that i havent unlocked, same with upgrades.

If you go to your island management tab, there are three contract things. One is to get contracts the second is to see what you get from the contracts and the third is the main missions for the island for each of the services. Science, security and entertainement.

DOH, completely missed that! thanks!!! Also thanks for the tips!

OK, I think I’m giving up on this one.

I built some dino that didn’t like hes enclosure. I was tight on money, and the enclosure was too crowded for him. I captured him with the ACU building and the rangers rebuilt the walls. That’s all fine. Except in the next 10 minutes of play that dino escaped 3 more times.

OK no problem, lets get rid of the dino, lesson learned. EXCEPT you cant, my only option is a reload. Which is sloppy design. I think it makes sense for me to NOT know what my dinos like before I build them, but no way to say, welp we’ll make some changes to the park and try the species later when we are better suited for each other…is just $&^##!! stupid.

Hey, dinos are endangered (that one was the only one in the world, in fact)! You can’t go killing them willy nilly.

The Fallen Kingdom update is live now!

Hold onto your butts! The Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur update is here!

This update introduces three new dig sites, a cast of new dinosaurs which you can bring to your island, new InGen database entries and a number of fixes and improvements to the base game.

Guests will be pouring onto your island to see two brand new herbivores, the feisty Stygimoloch, and the horn-adorned Sinoceratops. Each will have their own comfort requirements, so get those enclosures ready!

And, if you feel like you’re an expert in crisis management, you’ll also see the arrival of three new carnivores, the terrific and terrifying Baryonyx, Carnotaurus and Allosaurus. Don’t put them too close to your guests though. They bite, chew and swallow whole.

Alongside these toothy predators stands the star of the show: the horrifying and one-of-a-kind, Indoraptor! Haven’t yet had the pleasure to come face to face with this monstrosity? Get yourself to a screening of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (to prepare yourself) or… simply introduce one into your park!

This update is out today on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One!

Please find the Release Notes below for all the details:

New Content

Added new dinosaurs with unlocks from Fallen Kingdom film:

Indoraptor

Baryonyx

Stygimoloch

Carnotaurus

Allosaurus

Sinoceratops

Added new dig sites to support new dinosaurs

Smokejack Clay Pit, Surrey, UK

La Colonia Formation, Chubut Province, Argentina