Jurassic World Evolution by Frontier Developments

Yup, no challenge. This is a good game to play when you’re at home sick with the flu and you need something mindless to play while you eat hot spicy ramen noodles.

Came across this, good video of this person’s park, its like you are on the tour!

That looks like a good location for an “atmospheric shooter”.

DinoShock, anyone?

HOLY CRAP. New expansion coming December 10th. Leaked screen:

Why can’t Planet Zoo looks this good?!

Close up image detail:

My guess is the lack of fur really helps them load the dinosaur models with great textures. I think Planet Zoo looks pretty amazing considering, but there are several species that just look wrong, like uncanny valley on the animal side.

I’m going to bet that the first Planet Zoo expansion brings in bird aviaries like what JWE is kindof doing here.

But literally everything in JWE looks years better than Planet Zoo. The fences, trees, ground, buildings, PEOPLE, the special effects, the lighting, everything.

The aviary is a work of genius. A few years ago that alone would plow a computer into the ground, and all the fence pieces would still be super jaggedy with terrible occlusion bad transparency effects.

Yep all the content looks great, but is it fun to play? I recall seeing streams that made it feel like I was watching paint dry.

It got way better with all the DLC and patches. It’s great and I was a super skeptic expecting to hate it.

Wait, this vacant repetitive suckfest got good? I wouldn’t have thought that was even possible considering how it looked early on.

I was just as shocked. You have to have “some” patience when researching but it’s not bad at all, and not like the free-to-play wait times that were initially reported. Some of the scenarios, like Claire’s is really fantastic. And the storms. OMG. I just started playing Cities Skylines in earnest and when their “big scary storm” hit I literally rolled my eyes. Both visually and aurally it was a joke compared to the beating you get in JWE. The sound design is especially stunning.

Hold the phone. You’re saying this game is fun and good to play, today? Like right now?

Yes. If you have a little patience :)

But did they ever patch in orders-while-paused?

I have… some.

I might just try this one out for the holidays. I thought about doing Planet Coast again, and I realize how annoyed I got when i had to destroy a chunk of my park just to put the coaster in the one place i could get that huge drop, and then the bridge that people get stuck on for no reason.

I could go back to Zeus I suppose.

Don’t need it. And that’s coming from a person who can’t handle anything in real-time and have a cheat program to slow down time in Anno games.

For Jurassic World Evolution, Frontier is pleased to announce Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park, a premium DLC pack in partnership with Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, and created in collaboration with Universal Games and Digital Platforms. Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park takes place following the events of Jurassic Park, set in 1993, and features park designs, dinosaurs and characters from the original film. In the game, players will be able to go back to Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna to rebuild beloved locations on the islands. With seven new story missions featuring characters voiced by the original cast, including Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill), Dr. Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern) and Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), players will be challenged to repair and restore the destroyed park and open its iconic gates to the public. The pack will be available on PC, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft on 10 December 2019.

If you want to get into the game I’d suggest you grab all the DLC, then wait for the latest expansion/patch and then play with it all then. There’s some fundamental changes coming that make the game a lot more fun (jeep destructibility for one). There’s a bunch of player requested changes/additions they mention, but said they’ll reveal them later.

Yeah I am thinking winter sale. :)

Ok… 80% off, its time to get it now right?

I dislike that the Premium Edition doesn’t have all the DLC.

I’m pretty tempted too @lordkosc, since it seems to me there won’t be any sort of Planet Zoo discount for a while. I agree with you on the “Deluxe Edition” - I had to open up the game website and look at all the DLC to see what it did and didn’t include. Sheesh!

As far as the December 10 content drop goes, there was a European event where some streamers were allowed to play the game. They can show the 1st mission, and could play (but not show) the 6th mission and some sandbox. Here’s one: