Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - The raptors ride the motorcycles this time

That movie was so bad from start to finish, it made The Meg look awesome.
Even the epic opsis was almost too small a payoff compared to the trudge of watching it!
Speaking of the podcast, what was the lovely song that played at the end?

I am assuming Bryce Howard was the bored, empty actress that was shaking her head while Christ Pratt was doing his dumbest faces from Parks, but for a computer public. But them having zero chemistry is probably one of the few logical things in that movie.

I don’t like her at all in these movies. But then I watched Nosedive, and she’s so good in Nosedive. It’s technically not a movie, but an episode of Black Mirror, but really, it’s a movie. You should watch it if you haven’t seen it.

So true. While The Meg is an overblown big budget B movie which jumps the shark (pun intended!) at the end, it at least delivers what’s promised and gets to the point. So in that sense it’s a decent enough movie.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom on the other hand had a bad start and became worse after that. It’s complete trash.

So I watched it as a 99c rental. I don’t get the criticisms. This is a straight up horror/slasher with a dinosaur skin. Most of those people you see on screen are going to die, one way or another. Just like all of the Jurassic Park movies.

As a B movie horror it was ok IMO.

Professional short film by Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow

That 8 minutes was better than the entirety of the last movie.

I wonder how this got made. It feels like a pre-title sequence that was filmed, then for whatever reason was released like this instead of being used in the movie.

My thoughts as well. I feel like if more Jurassic movies are green lit, they should be back on the mainland like this.

And the timeline for this short seems to be after the last movie. Post escape and post Dr. Malcolm saying we’re now in the Neo-Jurassic age where dinos and humans must coexist.

The actress mentions the park ranger tells them what to do in this kind of situation. I loved the tension.

Yeah, it may not make that much sense, in either how they spread so rapidly or how that status quo is seemingly accepted/unalterable (it’s not as if humans are bad at tracking and killing large animals, sadly)…but who cares! It’s just more interesting, and a much better way to continue the franchise than whatever the hell they were doing in the last movie.

Agreed. The plot was a mess.

Yeah they’re either populating like mad or somehow the handful of loose dinos just managed to wind up at the same camp ground together with no one noticing or tracking… like we can’t just tag them or you know, kill them… but whatever. If we get away from franken dino no #2 and clone girl who was added for no real reason other than to talk about mortality (as if creating dinosaurs didn’t leave plenty to talk about as is)… still a plus!

And here I was worried that they’d run out of ideas for these franchises.

They could replace any of the F&F actors with a Velociraptor and it’d be an upgrade in acting. It’d also probably be Andy Serkis in a mocap suit.

Sooooo…like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs?

From the minds behind “Dark Universe”!

I look forward to seeing raptors being part of the Famlee backyard bbq that always tidies things up at the end.

“It’s all about family,” Dom says, and he nods to Blue, the Velociratptor kicking it at the Toretto family BBQ.