Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - The raptors ride the motorcycles this time

I think it’s fully a trope at this point.

I forgot another one as well:

• Because these are dinosaurs, current technology has to fail in some catastrophic way at some point in the movie. Because, you know, our technology wasn’t meant to work on dinosaurs.
0 Likes

I don’t know. How much are they paying you?

0 Likes

Man this was just not good. Save the dino campaign? Seriously? The $2 I paid to rent this at RedBox, it was too much.

What a horrible start, then the middle up to the end of the movie was just boring, it was actually boring, I was bored watching a Jurassic franchise movie. The only good part of the entire film happened on the island, what was that , maybe 20 minutes of a 2 hour film? :(

Jeff Goldblum was a wasted tease, as was the small part they gave to James Cromwell.
And now 2 movies in and Bryce Howard and Chris Pratt still have zero chemistry of any kind.

Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom are both so disappointing, they make The Lost World and JP3 seem like actually really good movies. At this point the original trilogy is a masterpiece.

DO NOT RENT THIS. I missed this advice up thread, I regret not reading the forums first.

0 Likes

That movie was so bad from start to finish, it made The Meg look awesome.
Even the epic opsis was almost too small a payoff compared to the trudge of watching it!
Speaking of the podcast, what was the lovely song that played at the end?

I am assuming Bryce Howard was the bored, empty actress that was shaking her head while Christ Pratt was doing his dumbest faces from Parks, but for a computer public. But them having zero chemistry is probably one of the few logical things in that movie.

0 Likes

I don’t like her at all in these movies. But then I watched Nosedive, and she’s so good in Nosedive. It’s technically not a movie, but an episode of Black Mirror, but really, it’s a movie. You should watch it if you haven’t seen it.

0 Likes

So true. While The Meg is an overblown big budget B movie which jumps the shark (pun intended!) at the end, it at least delivers what’s promised and gets to the point. So in that sense it’s a decent enough movie.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom on the other hand had a bad start and became worse after that. It’s complete trash.

0 Likes

So I watched it as a 99c rental. I don’t get the criticisms. This is a straight up horror/slasher with a dinosaur skin. Most of those people you see on screen are going to die, one way or another. Just like all of the Jurassic Park movies.

As a B movie horror it was ok IMO.

0 Likes