Just Cause 4

I wonder which Studio is working on which game. Avalanche has 3 studios now.

Stockholm -> OG 2003 Studio - Did Just Cause 1 and 2, Mad Max, Renegade Ops, theHunter games.
New York -> Formed 2011, did Just Cause 3 as their first game.
Malmo -> Opened in 2018.

I hope they’re switching things around. Maybe New York is working on Rage 2, and Stockholm is working on Just Cause 4? I hope so.

I missed the mile high club from JC2. I hope they have more coop locations like that because while to me, the gameplay from JC3 was better than JC2, the environment was more bland.

If there are no sharks in that tornado I will be disappointed.

I had fun with JC3, but unlike JC2, I didn’t finish it. The trails were a gameplay decision I found hugely disappointing. I hope they got enough negative feedback on that to do something different in JC4.

NOPE

Sadly… JC3 was very disappointing for me, compared to JC2.

I will one day play JC4, but that will be a day when its heavily on sale.

I’m in agreement with most everyone else here. JC2 was outstanding fun. JC3 took a hit in that direction and I’m willing to forgive it if JC4 makes up for that.

Note to self: try out JC2. Hey this thing will send me texts and stuff right?

I will almost certainly pick this up. Have fond memories of enjoying JC3 around Xmas 2015. Yes it’s simplistic and shalllow - but who doesn’t love blowing things up?

Loved the open world go where I want do what I want of JC2. Hated the progression system in JC3 and quit it.

I hope they got enough feedback to abandon that approach in JC4.

I recall reading that progression is going to now be mission based, so you would come across a certain mission and the tools/skills you get would be given before or after completing it if its a reward.

Some sponsored gameplay hijinks. I don’t get much out of comedy physics but this did make me chuckle. A little.

This looks… dumb.

I actually really like that there are moving things which exist on the same scale as the open world. Gives all that space some purpose.

Having said that… wind cannons?

MAP

That missile cone he has over his shoulder makes him look like a garden gnome when it lines up with his head.

Quite interested to see how it compares to Wildlands. Looks like the more fun sequel to me. Looking like a buy…

Just hoping they don’t go overboard with sandstorms and lightening and tornadoes.

I’m still weary after getting burned by JC3. I struggled with the server connection bullshit right through the game, where it kept trying to connect to some leaderboards and other stuff and crashed or took minutes (!) to even load up the game.

Then the progression system was obviously messed up, as others have mentioned.

Overall after the glory of JC2, it was such a disappointment. Though I guess it was pretty?

Not as pretty as JC2, in my opinion. The increased variety of geography and architecture made JC2 prettier overall.

JC2 had better locations , I still remember the giant radio dish / sky slope / oil refinery island.

All I remember from JC3 , are the sunflower fields and a train mission. :|

I wonder if we will be able to tether 2 tornado’s together in this. :D