Just Say No To Ziplock

Just to play devil’s advocate (since I hate think this kind of stuff is actually happening): If this was rogue officers, why would they log any evidence at all? Why not just stage robberies and make it look like people impersonating police personnel?

I know I’ve read about other places banning these, going years and years back. Can’t remember where.

Because by skimming off the top while still sort of doing their job, they can think of themselves as good cops who just take a little extra compensation. If they turn into straight-up robbers they have to reevaluate themselves.

Yeah, but you think by logging something into evidence, they stand the chance of actually being busted.

Haven’t you ever watched The Shield?

Nope, not a joke. Not sure why the Chicago pulled it… But it’s been quoted on a billion blogs, since then and I can assure you it was a legit article a year ago when I made the op.

Some interesting news on the War on Freshness:

Palma approved a search-warrant application for Jose Duran’s West Oak Lane grocery store, based on Richard Cujdik’s assertion that he watched a confidential informant - CI #142 - enter the store to buy ziplock bags three times.

The validity of that search warrant is now in question.

For the last buy, Richard Cujdik wrote that he “observed” CI #142 enter Duran’s store at about 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2007. Yet the Daily News watched the time-stamped Sept. 11 surveillance footage of the store between 4 and 5 p.m., and no one asked for or bought a ziplock bag.

Sgt. Joseph Bologna supervised the ensuing raid, part of which was captured on video. The Daily News obtained the video and posted it on its Web site, philly.com.

The video shows Bologna directing officers to “disconnect” camera wires. They do so with pliers and a bread knife. Bologna makes no effort to stop Richard Cujdik when the officer searches Duran’s van, allegedly without a warrant.

Duran alleges that officers seized nearly $10,000 in the raid but documented taking only $785.

http://www.theagitator.com/2009/05/01/update-on-bodega-raids-by-rogue-philly-narcotics-unit/

Will boardgames be seized on entering the borders of Americaland? They tend to contain ziplock bags for the pieces here.

What the fuck? What the flying fish fuck shit? Jesus Christ am I glad I quit the department when I did. These cockups have lost their fucking minds.

Raiding shops for selling ziplock bags? Has the world finally gone insane?

When was it ever sane?

About the time selling plastic baggies became illegal.

Looks like the War on Freshness has taken a new turn!

A man is suing the Kissimmee Police Department for an arrest over mints. When officers pulled Donald May over for an expired tag, they thought the mints he was chewing were crack and arrested him.
May told Eyewitness News they wouldn’t let him out of jail for three months until tests proved the so-called drugs were candy…
May was pulled over for an expired tag on his car. When the officer walked up to him, he noticed something white in May’s mouth. May said it was breath mints, but the officer thought it was crack cocaine.
“He took them out of my mouth and put them in a baggy and locked me up [for] possession of cocaine and tampering with evidence,” May explained.The officer claimed he field-tested the evidence and it tested positive for drugs.
The officer said he saw May buying drugs while he was stopped at an intersection. He also stated in his report May waived his Miranda rights and voluntarily admitted to buying drugs.
May said that never happened.”My client never admitted he purchased crack cocaine. Why would he say that?” attorney Adam Sudbury said.
May was thrown in jail and was unable to bond out for three months. He didn’t get out until he received a letter from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the State Attorney’s Office that test results showed no drugs were found.
“While I was sitting in jail I lost my apartment. I lost everything,” he said.

Aren’t you lot going to riot soon? The pigs are getting a bit too abusive lately.

Cops don’t take away freedom, socialized healthcare does.