Justice League - DC and Warner Bros' superpowered team-up movie

Hot take: I would rather see the four-hour unfinished workprint that existed before Snyder left and Whedon took over. This version looks like it will be Snyder recutting and re-editing everything together (complete with new dialogue).

Well if its 4 hours and a 20-30 million budget then they are giving him a real chance to give his version. I’ll check it out.

This is more evidence that we’re all living in some broken simulation.

Unless we’re not mourning Superman for an hour and then watching him save the day in the last 20-30 minutes… does it really matter?

I expect Superman is going to be a villain for most of the movie, instead of the 5 minutes of it we got in the Whedon cut. That’s the story Snyder wanted to tell.

Isn’t that just Brightburn?

It will be a character study about a principled horned antagonist, forced by circumstances to perform untold atrocities in his quest for justice.

I didn’t ask for this

The nice thing is that everyone’s curiosity will finally be satisfied, and we’ll discover that the movie’s premise and structure are unassailable, Zack Snyder’s original vision was correct, and the movie was only ruined by Joss Whedon’s interference.

(But seriously, I’m more than happy to see if we get a better movie out of this.)

I’m glad they released the Donner Cut of Superman II, so maybe they’ll capture kryptonite in a bottle twice?

So this sounds like it will essentially be a totally new movie with not much if any of Josh Whedons release used.

$30 million is really not that much for an effects heavy movie with a bunch of stars and crew that need to be paid for any new scenes.

Read the article. He said he wished it only cost the reported 30 million. Its gonna be allot more.

I did. I’m saying the reported estimate of $30 million didn’t sound right. Not for what they were reportedly trying to do. So yeah, $30 million isn’t high enough.

Wow, I’m so happy this is happening. The Whedon Justice League was an atrocity - you’d have a hard time coming up with sensibilities less compatible than Whedon’s and Snyder’s, and I’m fine with either but trying to merge them created an abomination.

On the other hand, I really liked the more grounded Man of Steel and, especially, Batman vs Superman (I only saw the extended version, not the original cut). The grounded scenes at the beginning of that movie, in particular, were what I always wanted out of a superhero movie (Wayne’s reactions to the Zod fight, Superman in the Middle East). Shame about the Martha line - Snyder movies also always seem to have some cringe moments, unfortunately. But there was a lot of great stuff in that movie, including Wonder Woman’s introduction and most of the action scenes (such as the Batman warehouse scene).

The original Snyder movie was going to feature Darkseid and be designed as a 2-parter, which I presume is a step too far to modify this one, but I’m still really excited to see something closer to the original artistic vision of the series creator.

A much older Bruce Wayne.

But at this point, is it still Flashpoint? They could just do a soft reboot and no one would really care.

If I’m remembering rightly, the Batman in Flashpoint is actually Thomas Wayne, since the child Bruce is killed in that alternate reality. I might be conflating the animated Flashpoint movie with the comic though.

I like the idea of Keaton’s alternate reality Batman being a kind of Nick Fury type that we see in multiple DC movies.

I guess he really will be Thomas Wayne, and will somehow survive Flashpoint. Then again, Flashpoint makes so little sense when you care so little about the world they’ve created. Same problem as killing Superman before you care about him.