Justified on FX: Modern day Deadwood [fingers crossed]

I want this to pan out so badly!

HOLY FORKING SHIRTBALLS YES.

Oh awesome! I’ve been re-watching Justified so this is great news.

I gagree!

That’s a good book by Leonard.

Well hell. Haven’t watched this in a few years. Now I’m starting it back up again. Forgot how funny it is, if you like this brand of humor. Dewey Crow is a goddamned cultural treasure.

I often enjoying seeing actors from shows I love show up in old shows I watched from before I knew them, and Just Shoot Me seems to have the biggest collection so far, only on season 3 and I’ve seen some really fun cameos from folks that had bit parts before when they were probably starting out. One recent example was we got a young, ex-marine fitness expert in Neal McDonough and that was itself not necessarily news worthy, though it was fun to see him play such a goofy character. However, in the very next episode we see a delivery guy played by none other than Jere Burns - IMDb or Win Duffy himself. That sorted of weirded me out, haha. I wonder if they realized that themselves while they filmed an entire season of Justified together.

No date and a bland announcement on the FB page, but it must be close

“High noon approaches. Timothy Olyphant returns as Raylan Givens for FX’s Justified: City Primeval, an all-new limited series.”

Is this the new thing: limited series revivals? Given Dexter just did this too, I wonder if this is yet another way to squeeze another bit of content out of existing IP, while not “rebooting” a series with new actors in a way that might upset fans and not get views?

Yes, but, also, it is a way to make more of what people liked doing and was successful despite busy schedules of the lead actors who cannot commit to full seasons or do not want to bleed it dry too much.

I believe that’s how Luther continued after Idris Elba got big. That said, while I love each season, they did continue to gradually decline in how good they were. And I believe there is another two episode one on the way.

All that said, I could just be talking out of my ass and you are 100% correct. :)

That’s a good Elmore Leonard book, though it doesn’t include Raylan. It would be easy enough to write in Raylan’s character in place of the protagonist, though.

It would only be Raylan from Justified, though, I suspect. I don’t see room for the others. Maybe cameos.

HOLY SHIT.

This new seriously makes me so happy. Justified is in my top three or four shows.

Same same. I’m totally here for this.

Excellent news!

Don’t take my comments about squeezing IP as me not liking the show. Justified was amazing, and I’m excited to see another season!

Here’s hoping Walton Goggins had some free time - it’s crazy to think Boyd was supposed to die in the Pilot, but god damn Goggins is so good that he got to hang on.

Man I loved him so much in Justified I tried to watch The Shield because people kept telling me he was great in that. He was so, so, SO unlikeable in The Shield I couldn’t get past one episode.

The shield wound up being a really good show. You gotta hang in there so you can see how “grey” most of the characters are.

Gah I dunno, I just found everyone so loathsome in the first episode I don’t know if I wanna spend more time with them.

Does it help to know they all get what’s coming to them?