Kemet play-by-forum game

Um, @infested_terran. You are still up.

Sorry having trouble tracking this. Can I get an official current VP list for everyone?

You are at 5. Greatatlantic is at 8. Ironwulf is at 6. Lantz is at 7.

Blah. Just realized my move actions are all used up.

4th action- Purchase blue tile Defensive Strategy
4->2 PP

@Lantz

I am trying to work up something that isn’t surrendering. Give me a bit to get on a computer this morning

So, I will Move my troops via teleport to the empty 3 Temple East PP 3 > 1

This should put me at 8 VP too with the tie breaker but I think @ironwulf will king himself here.

I do find this kind of an odd situation because I don’t see how I could turn down the chance to win with the game on the line but in reality I am almost assuredly going to lose and this move makes ironwulf’s chances better. I hate to be playing king maker but rolling over to die doesn’t seem right either.

@malkav11

Crap…I’m in a position where no matter what I do I’ll lose and probably play king maker at best.

If Greatatlantic is still in all his temple spots at the end of my turn he wins.
However, I only have one full strength troop. Going to have to plan this out and see if there is any chance of me pulling this out.

Oh, I missed that detail. Good call.

@Greatatlantic could I get an update on your # of unused battle cards/DI cards?

I have 4 unused battle cards and 2 DI cards, PP = 0 currently

This does nothing for you unless ironwulf ousts Greatatlantic without gaining any VP other than a single battle VP.

Edit : actually I guess if you tie you might win because your next turn happens sooner. If nobody manages to attack. I guess that’s something.

I struggled to find something that was better and realistic. Perhaps I should have flat out attacked him. I am not sure.

I’ll hold off on my turn in case @Lantz needs to reconsider.
As I understand the rule, if you start your turn at 8 VP, you win, even if someone else also has 8 VP?

You can go, I still think this is the better option. I also don’t want to crowd source my turn. If I had made some kind of beginner mistake that ruined the end game balance throwing the game I might reconsider, but I will stand by this.

I don’t think I need to wait for @Greatatlantic to give me his card summary as I’m forced to attack no matter what.
Plus I keep forgetting about the Path to Ta-Seti which will give me an all important PP
If nothing else, even my understrength troop should be enough to get me 2nd place by visiting Lantz :O

4th Action
Double move (middle level and golden action token)

Resolve the first move action:
Priest moves along bottom path PP 0 > 1
Get +1 damage token
Move troop from my black pyramid to Three Temple East to engage with @Greatatlantic
(Troop Strength 8 (5 units + Devourer + Bestial Fury))

Battle cards/DI cards sent to @malkav11

Correct.

By the way, apparently a second Kemet expansion is underway, where one player plays Set (with a bunch of new toys) and everyone else has to band together to stop them.

FYI, I will be playing the Shield object I picked up on the my turn, giving me an extra protection.

Other than that, Battle card and DI card inbound to Malkav.

Battle - Sobek (ironwulf) vs Anubis (Greatatlantic)
Sobek is attacking with 5 units plus the Devourer creature.
Anubis is defending with 5 units plus the Polyphemus creature. (And the Kraken.)

Objects:
Anubis plays Leather Shield for +1 prot.

Battle cards:
Sobek plays [2 str 2 dam 1 prot]
Anubis plays [3 str 1 dam]

Total strength:
Sobek gets 5 for units, 2 for card, 2 for Devourer, 1 for Bestial Fury = 10
Anubis gets 5 for units, 3 for card, 1 for Polyphemus, 1 for Kraken, 1 for Defense!, 1 for Blades of Neith, 1 for priest = 13
Anubis wins!
Sobek gets 1 Dawn token

Damage:
Sobek deals 2 for card, 1 for Bestial Fury, 1 for Carnage, 1 for Path to Ta-Seti token vs 3 prot (1 card, 1 priest, 1 object) = 2 damage
Anubis deals 0 damage vs 1 prot = 0 damage
Anubis loses 2 units to damage

Retreat/recall:
@ironwulf, retreat or recall?
@Greatatlantic, planning to recall? :p

By the way, @Infested_terran, I can’t imagine it mattering but you’re meant to dump one of your other battle cards permanently in favor of the defensive strategy card you picked up.