Kenshi (An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG)

The game does indeed seem great. Thanks for posting the video!

Just a warning, apparently the price will jump up from $20 to $30 on Thursday when it hits 1.0.

Here’s another good (albeit longer) overview of the game:

Lol that sounded like you Bat. And your immediate reaction was almost too funny.

I’ve been fooling around with this, and I’m pretty impressed so far. It’s Mount & Blade, with far more depth (but no mounts, not yet). If you force yourself to play ironman, it gets pretty interesting.

I wonder how far the devs plan to take this?

Hopefully they won’t quit at 1.0.

Just bought this. Are there pros and cons to starting with a group or singly?

I’ve started only with a single wanderer and a single wandering trader, and haven’t gotten far enough in either start yet to recruit others. In the video linked above, the guy starts with “Freedom Seekers,” which is a group of 5 with supplies and blueprints. That seems like a good way to start once you’ve gotten through the tutorial and gotten used to the UI. I’ll probably try that next.

My crew. It is actually a party of six. We built a shack, then a research table. More to come.

https://i.imgur.com/WTeCYy8.jpg

Apparently I have to travel to another city to recruit anyone (actually just one person I think). I also have no idea whether I’m tough enough yet to travel there. I may restart.

If you start in The Hub, there is always a free recruit there, just say yes to all his crazyness.

When you get your research table, consider researching shirts.

-Tom

I watched that video above where they guy had a company of 6 guys and built a shack. He was attacked by raiders a few times. If he had killed the raiders, would more have spawned in or is it possible to clear out an area? Also when making a base, is it advisable to always build in a spot that is not to far from another town?

How do I pick my starting city?

I don’t think there’s any way to choose your starting city. But a few of the scenario options start in the Hub. I believe they include the Wander and the Wandering Trader.

I am playing the Wandering Trader right now, and it starts in Heng with only a single late-game recruitable companion. (You have to defeat a powerful bandit before you can recruit him.)

I watched the trailer for 1.0 and could have sworn the characters in this game were rabbit furries before. When did this change?

Just found this. It’s very creepy and very Japanese.

That’s like one of the doll heads from childhood stuck on a mannequin.

Are you thinking of Overgrowth? The kung fu rabbits game? If so, that’s amazing because I thought of those two games as one and the ame for the lobgest time too!

I played about 3 restarts before I started to ‘get’ the game. Its one of those slow building games where you scavenge and mine (to build strength)) for several hours before you can beat up anyone. even the measly horde of fanged bunnies :)

I’m loving the game so far and found a recruit right away in the sister starting hub, and found a gaggle of dead bodies we looted to get to 2k cash on our way out of town.

How do you buy a building inside town?.