Kerbal Space Program

When in doubt, more power!

Hahaha math and calculations… Kerbals don’t use them

Yeah I think he got the terms optimal and worst case crossed somehow ;)

But hey we got the little fucker reading graps and math and shit as something containing valuable and interesting info, call that a win! :highfive:

You mean boosters. MOAR BOOSTERS.

Since this thread popped up I might as well post this:

Also, Transfer window is great, and you can also use a mod called Astrogator which gives you a quick look at what transfer windows are coming up soon.

Really REALLY wish they would give us an update on a timeline. I’m thinking this is going to slip to 2023…

Thanks for posting that enjoyable video. There are some impressive screenshots on the KSP2 forum, too. Yes, I hope we get to see it in 2022.

For real. I’m often scared this is hitting a lot of development issues.

I hope they get frame rate issues sorted. The coolest part of KSP is often the explosions, and the dropping to 1 fps sucks the cool factor right out of it.

WOWOWOW

Looks a lot like No Man’s Sky.

Wow. That’s a mod for KSP1. When I was watching the video. I was assuming I was looking at KSP2. I assumed wrong!

My less-than-year-old rig groans and grumbles in anticipatory fear.

They said if you keep grass at default there is zero performance hit.

If I want to see all this content quickly, I suppose I play on sandbox mode and build a fancy rocket, rather than doing career mode? I’ve never tried sandbox, so i don’t know how it works.

I believe so.

Back in my day there was no career, only sandbox!

Anyhow, yeah. All parts, no financial restrictions.

Well I think you could Hyperedit your ship to whatever planet you want. It took me a minute, but I got it all working. Here’s a shot from next to KSC

Some tips:

• You’ll need scatterer installed to get the best effects.
  • You cannot see the grass and tree textures from the KSC view. You have to actually launch a ship to see them.

KSP, pretty as ever.

Managed to bring the Lear down to a nice, soft gliding landing a hundred km or so northeast of the Desert Airfield.

So I decided to try to fly there. Here I’m heading over the mountains

Approaching the airfield

Touched down slightly early, but pretty damn good for a first try on rusty skills

And sitting on the runway

Holy crap this looks amazing. There goes another 1000 hours of my life…

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/x90ujv/parallax_2_at_the_cove/

Also using Scatterer. Performance is absurdly good, it must be in my head but I feel like this mod combo runs better than stock on my system. Did this test flight (crashed the plane, because of course) and it was solid smooth fps the whole time.

My images are as least as good as that dude’s. I’ve got EVE installed as well, which is what gives the cloud textures. I don’t see any effect on performance and I’ve got everything up as high as it’ll go.

One thing I don’t remember from before. Steam screenshot quick button is F12, which also toggles the air forces overlay. Took me a bit to figure out how I’d turned that on and get it turned off again.

There’s also an orbital parameters box in the lower left, and a maneuver node editor there as well. I suspect it’s still useful to have KER or MechJeb, but most of the info they gave you is there.