Kickstarting and Screaming

It’s on my watch list. Seems like it could be fun.

I would love a digital version

Level 99’s latest project is up:

SHMUPs aren’t my thing, so the pitch itself isn’t a selling point for me. But I’ve loved literally every L99 game I’ve played, so I’m willing to give this one a punt.

Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter is live. There’s an old (recently bumped) thread talking a bit about it and its predecessor here.

Awaken Realms’ standalone Mars horror expansion to Nemesis has launched:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/nemesis-lockdown/
Kickstarter seems to be buckling under the load at present, but I don’t think there are limited tiers so I can wait for that to change.

Reportedly improves the gameplay, so this might be my entry point into the Nemesis world.

Impressions-alike Aztec city-builder from a small team in Germany is looking for backers:

Hey guys!

Today there is quite an exciting update for us and hopefully for you too! Today we will talk about:

• Nemesis Distress (PC)
  • Infant Vote winner
  • Night Stalkers evolution
  • New Stretch Goal

Lets get right to it!

Nemesis:Distress (PC)

Just few minutes ago together with IGN we have officially announced a Nemesis: Distress. PC, multiplayer focused high-end game in Nemesis theme. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDCAaLBfpug

This is really exciting moment for us and a chance for Nemesis to hit mainstream! But we also know and fully appreciate that a lot of you guys are interested only in Board Games and video game does absolutely nothing for you.

So before us going further, with the experience we got (Tainted Grail digital game announcement :D) let us just quickly give you full transparent insight on how are we working on this game and what does it mean for Board Game.

First of all - funding

This Digital Game project is co-developed with Ovid Works, polish video game studio experienced in Unreal engine. On top of that - we received a very substantial grand from European Union Game-in program (program specifically aimed at helping develop innovative games in Poland). We actually ranked as 2nd best project with our idea of developing an advance “Hidden traitor” system in multiplayer game! The remaining portion is funded from our profits - this goes just to give you guys a full transparency, that its not like we will be doing less things for the Lockdown Board Game. Those two initiatives are not sharing budget.

Team focus

It is totally different team, created from grounds up that will be working on this title. Sure, there are some small corss-overs, but its limited to for example Adam Kwpaiński (author of Nemesis) being involved as an consultant. Enough said, that video games development takes extremely different set of skills then Board Games development. So it will have absolutely no effect on the focus and passion we are going to put into Lockdown!

Positives

If anything, we will have only positive impact on the project - awesome soundtrack and art, as well as some extra world building.

Just part of the e-mail above.

Also:

Now, to the news we are really excited about - everyone with Lockdown Core Box will get Nemesis: Distress access for free! This is about 20 USD of value, that we want to give to you guys for free as a surprise Stretch Goal.

So it’s part of lockdown but maybe needs a little more call out?

A paleontologist friend who makes stylish enamel pins of real prehistoric creatures has put up her next Kickstarter. Expensive for a pin, but they’re BIG and beautiful.

A TBS that is 700 euros(25%) from their goal. Probably hard to do in 6 days.

Man, I want indie teams to do something audacious and succeed. But doing this on a budget of $3000?

Feudal Kingdoms is a turned based medieval grand strategy game which expands the limits of the genre by adding more depth to the gameplay than you have ever seen before.

I mean, I know they may have other sources of income and they may be a ways through development, but that $3000 sort of implies the magnitude they’re working at, and…

This cooperative board game taking place in the space station looks rather fun (and reasonably priced with no deluxe edition):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uproarious/intrepid/description

There is also a bonus of a free mini expansion for the early backers (lasts another day or so).

Rahdo has a playthrough and was very enthusiastic (many more video and written previews on the page):

And this written preview also went in depth:

If you are into coop and/or dice placement, this might appeal.

That looks really cool, I am definitely tempted. I do love co-op games, but since my kids are a bit younger than the recommended 13+, I might not be able to play with them.

edit: heck with it, backed

Most of my kids don’t even live at home anymore, and I still went through the same thought process and backed it. :D

More Rallyman today:

Having watched the unboxing video of his pre-production sample today, I’m glad I decided I did. The game looks beautiful:

I only backed the base game in an effort to be reasonable. I’m nearly regretting it watching the video. In all honesty though, it will be time to think about the expansion once I have finished the main story and if I enjoyed it. So good on me on resisting FOMO for once. :)

That does look crazy good. And all the card holders and whatnot that are better than any plastic insert. I ended up backing Etherfields (base level only), but came back and did l a late pledge for this. Super glad I did. Bummed that it missed the original May date, but it sounds like it’ll be in time for the second lockdown this fall. Yay!

Ha! I like your “glass is half full” philosophy. :D

There’s a documentary film about Myst being kickstarted:

I tried to watch it but I couldn’t get the gears to line up properly so the player would open.