Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Stealth tip: your Visibility and Conspicuous values change based on the color of your clothing/armor. You want those numbers as low as possible (same with Noise, of course). Wearing yellow or red? Those numbers go up. Black/Dark is what you want for playing stealth.

I thought that was a nice touch.

I’d wondered how that worked. Thanks!

Despite the horrendous number of bugs and crashes, I LOVE this game.

That makes me happy reading this :)
I know how much everyone told the developers “nobody will care about realistic RPG, nobody will care about backwater bohemia”

But shame about those bugs, I would like to see KCD get Witcher treatment of bug fixes and eventual Enhanced Edition with new content and updates all wrapped into one. Hopefully 1.4 will be released this week.

I haven’t experienced too many bugs since the last patch. Well, other than all the Halberd pole weapons laying around Rattay. That’s a strange one.

My #1 feature request for this game would be fishing! I can’t believe it’s not in the game (other than fish traps, which is not the same thing), with all those beautiful lakes and rivers. Maybe a future DLC will have it.

There are fishing spots on the map. What do you do at those?

There’s a spot you can loot at those locations, like a hidden cache or a fish trap.

That one has totally tanked my frame rate in Rattay and is also causing texture LOD issues where they swap so slow I’m looking at blurry textures most of the time in town. Apparently every time you’re in town and evening hits, when they switch from Halberds to Torches, they can’t put them in their inventory so they just drop them. When morning comes the Halberds respawn in their hands. Same for women with brooms (another 2-handed item) and lanterns. I’ve now got ridiculous piles halberds all over town and many brooms scattered around as well. I tried cleaning them up, but I can’t sell them and it would take me a week of real time to relocate them somewhere where I didn’t care if the frame rate and texture streaming didn’t suck.

If I’d known this might happen I’d have avoided twilight in the city lol. Oh also, riposte is broken (at least on PS4) in case you though you were just terrible at timing it.

Jeez that sounds insane. Here is hoping 1.4 fixes that because…wow.

Ugh… lost a couple hours of progress due to a random crash. This game is still too buggy, and it seems like the deeper I get into the story, the likelihood of crashing increases.

I’ll wait for the 1.4 patch before I continue with the game.

So the safe path would be to wait? Because my finger has been hovering over the “buy now” button for a couple of days now.

This is the latest regarding patches, from the dev:

But I guess I should clarify the policies behind patches. The process of reballancing, improving, and fixing the game is planned around major patch versions that is 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and so on.
Whenever we discover a new serious bug introduced by the latest patch or whenever we deem some newly discovered/repro-ed bug too critical and at the same time trivial to fix or whenever there’s some special request (like release of nVidia Ansel with start of GDC) a new “hotfix” patch is introduced. These are numbered as sub-versions of the last major patch. As you can see 1.3.4 is a fourth additional patch for 1.3.
1.4 has been finalized on Friday and is being tested. Hopefully releasing it by the end of this week.
1.5 is underway.
Both of these introduce new game-features, assets, and of course fixes. Usually between 200 and 300 issues are addressed with each major patch. One or two things are addressed with hotfixes.

Also, some good news. I have almost nothing to do for 1.5 which means at least from my POV the swamp of issues has almost been drained. Which is fortunate as I was assigned to work on something new. Coming soon.

I managed to beat the game during Patch 1.2, though I remember spending forever trying to find this guy in a location other than where he was supposed to be so I could keep him from getting kidnapped and killed since it broke the quest if that happened and you needed to complete that quest to be able to finish the game. I also ended the game with 2 out of 3 nightingale cages (4 lbs of deadweight I couldn’t drop) because the 3rd one never spawned.

Patch is out for Steam along with HD textures and HD sound.

New patch… and a new bug! This one’s a doozy. If you’re on the Main quest “Questions and Answers”, you will immediately fail the quest. This happened to me tonight, which means I can’t continue the game.

Hopefully they hotfix this one.

If you try to use the barber does it crash for you too? A few are reporting that.

Their test team appears to be awful, or they’re so overworked and burned out they can’t see straight.

Yeah when getting a haircut the game gets stuck on Henry and the dialogue options.

I’m really curious about the HD audio pack as I can’t recall another game that offered ‘HD audio’ as an optional download. I’m still looking for Reddit and steam comments as to whether it’s worth downloading or not.

My guess is it’s just the original files uncompressed.

Sir Rick ⚔️️⚔️ #PAXEast‏ @rick5292 2m2 minutes ago

Hey KCD friends, we are preparing a hotfix for the bugs in v1.4, which keeps you from progressing through Questions and Answers, Battle of Pribyslavice & the freezing in the barber shop. These fixes will be implemented into the 1.4 patch on consoles also. #kingdomcomedeliverance

Patch 1.4.1 just popped up on Steam. Jesus Christ be praised!

The HD files come in a separate 3 Gig download ;)