Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is such a lousy name

But of course. Philosophy does not equal execution after all.

The caliber of the quest (most, well some, :) ) in Skyrim certainly make this approach more palatable.

I would like to see these two games get it on and make a baby.

I didn’t know games could do that. I have learned something valuable about game development today.

That should be on the box. 100% accurate.

That is exactly how I describe this game to my friends.

Also, I never understood the point of fate kills. The game seemed to make a big deal about them.

That could also be Ubisoft’s motto (ducks).

But UbiGrinds [tm] take place in absolutely gorgeously-realized worlds.

I’m working my way through Odyssey now, and just damn. I mean, sure, it’s the product of dozens of Asian and Eastern European content sweatshops, but again, damn.

I liked this game very much and even bought all the DLC. I don’t think that I’d buy it a second time though.

I think this is exactly the point…it’s at best a niche game, who’s niche has most likely already niched.

This strikes me as setting itself up for a repeat of the original catastrophe in a lot of ways. I mean…if you’re in Hawaii with the Brady Bunch, you don’t buy that freaking idol at the tourist shop…

Dont know how that tiki found Bobby
Probably thought it was just some Hawaiian hobby
Turned out the god was mean and vicious

It’s like being on a design team and pitching…“You know…the Edsel really wasn’t far off…”

Best news I’ve heard all week! Really looking forward to re-playing this.

Gosh I hope not, best part of the game.

Yah, I enjoy games with static levels, that I can become a deity of destruction in. I like that power curve. Nothing makes me sadder than games where you always stay the same power level, or get worse, than the mobs you’re fighting. That’s what venturing into new areas over your head is for. If KOA can be cited for one fault, it’s not having those areas mid to late game. Maybe they didn’t get the scaling quite right if you did all the side quests, but …meh, I’ll take that any day of the week over mobs that always scale to your level.

To me, the ‘mobs always scale to your level’, is just another brick in the lazy design wall.

Agreed. I hate clearing out an area only to return 20 levels later and the “sewer rat” that gave me trouble at lvl 5 is still kicking my ass at lvl 25. I’d much rather finish the game as an overpowered demigod that crushes the end boss than have that same end boss kill me repeatedly until I ragequit in desperation.

New expansion DLC announced for 2021.

“Fatesworn”

No details yet.

What a weird development. I’m cheering for KoA:RR. I might even buy it. It just barely fell short of being a great open world RPG.

Really, if they found a way make the world feel less empty, the rest of the game is pretty solid. I’m not sure how simple a task that is to perform retroactively though.

It’s highly variable depending on how many side quests you do, and what kind of build you run/how much crafting you do. It IS possible to turn yourself into something pretty OP, but it’s also possible to suck and get your butt kicked.

Interesting.

Wonder how deep in he was. The three main players actively tried to hide their embezzlement through a shell corporation-- they’re pretty deeply screwed.

Edit: That tweet was deleted. Unclear if he was arrested at all. Schilling is on the board of the scheme, alongside Erik Prince and Kris Kobach, but that doesn’t mean he himself did anything illegal, just that he’s an asshole. And that isn’t illegal.

Why the fuck do so many of my tribe (old grognards & gamers) gotta be such fucking ham-fisted libertarian Gekkoite fuckwits? I mean, you buy ASL, what else do you need money for? You bought ASL.