Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is such a lousy name

It appears to be an unfounded rumor and he was not arrested. He is/was however on the Board of the organization so perhaps he will face charges. (My totally uninformed guess is he won’t)

Though I would applaud if it were true, it is apparently just a rumor that Schilling was arrested.

Edit: what Lantz said.

PS - Schilling owes me lots of money for driving 38 Studios into the ground and not paying us our last few paychecks.

crazy that some people who play games where you can glorify the SS have such terrible politics.

This is roughly a week away now:

Being engrossed in Horizon: Zero Dawn means I’ll likely ignore it for a while. But I’ll be interested to read impressions for sure.

As much as I enjoyed this game the first time around (it was one of my top 10 of the decade), I don’t know that I’m willing to pay $40 for an upgraded version. 20 bucks, sure - but not $40 for the base game.

Just wanted to say your YouTube avatar is adorable!

So, I have the original in Steam, but it says it’s no longer available. When the re-do comes out, they want me to buy it again? Hell, I never got around to playing the original version (which, to be fair, I got on sale super cheap).

hahaha… thanks. If you like rats/mouses, theres a “one new rat photo every hour” twitter account.

https://twitter.com/RatsEveryHour

Not particularly, but I can appreciate a nicely-posed rat when I see one.

I was about to ask where you guys have been buying the game. Because when I last looked, I couldn’t find it anywhere. I missed out on the first run, and by the time I starting hearing that it was kind of a sort of classic, it was too late.

edit: Wait. When you say it’s not available, do you mean it’s not available to buy? Or that it’s not available to you even though you paid for it? Because I didn’t think the latter was supposed to happen.

It seems to be there for me. I have the ‘install’ option.

It’s not for sale on Steam anymore but there does seem to be Origin copies of the original still around, on sale at Humble:

Thanks, @Profanicus! I’ll check it out.
edit: Yep. On sale for $7.99 (reg. 19.99) for 12 more days.
That gives me time to see if the Re-Reckoning is worth the extra money. If not, eight bucks seems like a great price.

I have the install option too, but also the message about not being available. Not an issue, as I wasn’t planning on installing it anyhow!

There’s been no indication of any discount for previous owners, and I certainly won’t be paying $40 for a remaster, or $55 to get the new expansion they’re doing, so I hope they either haven’t announced that for some reason, or discount hard and fast just in general.

Not sure why there would be. EA published the game first, now it’s a totally different publisher. Even if they were inclined to honor buyers who gave EA their money 8 years ago, how would they even know you already own the game?

Well, if they sell via Steam they would know via Steam, at least for t hose who bought via Steam. But I tend to agree that it’s been so long, and the companies are different, etc. that I at least don’t have any ill will towards them for not giving me the new version free. A discount would be nice, but really, I’m not exactly jonesing for this anyhow.

Because it’s not a new game. It’s a lightly repolished game I already own. And it’s perfectly practical to check Steam at least to see that (I’m not sure if Origin has an API for that, but if it does, that would also be easy to see.). I get that it’s a new publisher, but my feeling is if you want to buy the rights to a game people have already bought, you inherit supporting those people also, and if you want to sell more content for that game, you might want to earn some good will by not making them rebuy the game they already own for a new game price just to play that content.

Like, I’m not really mad. The transfer of publishing does mean, IMO, they’re not obligated to make that gesture. But I’m also not going to buy a game I already own for full price.

Is it though? Does Steam really allow a third party to query your library to see all the games you own? That would seem to be a privacy risk to me, and one that every game publisher would leverage to survey owners of all their competitors’ games.

And forget about Origin allowing Steam to query their users’ libraries. Never going to happen.

I have no particular desire to replay this game but there are plenty of people who never tried it, and it’s well worth playing the first time. Just remember to skip most of the sidequests.

Yes? This is the basis for the GOG program that allows you to add some games there to your library if you own them in Steam. You have to set your profile to public, but once you do that anybody at all can see what games you own.