Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is such a lousy name

Only problem I’m having is with these damn chakrams. They’re so frickin fun they ruin every other weapon for me!

I recall on my first playthrough years ago I was a typical sword & bow heavy armor type, and didn’t equip a chakram until almost at the end. I had so much fun with it I turned around and did another playthrough as a sorcerer just to use the chakram.

This playthrough I’m split between sorcery and finesse, sort of a sneaky chakram magician dude.

Bah, run 10yo game get 10yo game problems. Remaster my ass.

That’s nearly exactly the dialog I get when I crash in Horizon: Zero Dawn (same wording on diagnostics, they just don’t warm me about internet charges). So kind of new and kind of old? :)

Hey at least it’s not a Guru Meditation error.

This is a long shot but you’re not running MSI Afterburner are you? It is known to cause crashes in this game. Some say having it installed is enough to be an issue, though I have it installed and have played 10 hours and not seen a crash yet.

Other than that, latest graphics drivers, latest windows updates, yada yada? Or wait for the patch next week which should fix more instability issues.

Or refund! :)

Nay no Afterburner and latest drivers. I’ll just wait for a patch.

Are you running at 4k with max setting sby any chance? Maybe I’ll put it into 1080p and try.

Nah I chose to go 1440p 120Hz for this one, since the combat feels so good. But I did play at 4K for a while at first.

Heh. I used the discount to pick up the redo, and of course it turns out that I downloaded and installed the old version. Luckily, only got a little way into it before noticing, uninstalling, and reinstalling the correct version. Which, AFAIK, seems modestly…better?

I did find one thing that seems like a design issue (like the dreadful inventory UI and overall system), though really not a core game problem. Apparently by buying the new version I got a bunch of “special shipment” gear things, in a chest in the first town? Well, they take up my entire inventory. I am only a few levels in, so I have no clue as to whether these gold and purple items are things I should keep or whether I can safely sell the ones I’m not planning to use on this character. The game apparently does not give me the option to store anything until I get a house or something from a quest…somewhere? Bah.

/trombone

p.s. I dislike the people I regard having been suckered into this huxter on top of an original huxter scheme for the sake of semi-nostalgia. If I had a lot of money, I would personally pay you all back for your purchases.

Yeah that chest thing is ridic. You basically have to decide right then and there if you wanna focus on strength, magic or finesse, then sell everything that isn’t the focus you chose. For me it was simple, I went magic because of Chakrams and sold everything else, but it’s an insane thing to throw at the player like 2 levels in without a stash of any kind.

I actually left pretty much everything in the chest except what I wanted to wear right then. I’ve gone back to it several times and it’s all still there, available to me. Not sure why you guys have a problem with that. Did it disappear or lock after you used it the first time?

I think those were in the original as well, maybe part of the DLCs or something? I don’t recall.

Either way, I left them in the chest. I always hate this preorder OP stuff that spoils the early game.

But apparently you will soon out-level them anyway. Personally, I would destroy them all to free up the inventory space. :)

They are indeed part of the DLCs and you will outlevel them very quickly. Just sell what you don’t need. Will give you a good cash bump but nothing significant in the long run.

I also fixed the weird camera behaviour. I have my mouse usually set very sensitive. Reducing sensitivity fixed it but now my mouse crawls in menues. Weird engine.

Because most people click the “Take all” button that you’ve become accostumed to at this point.

And you can’t put it back into the chest.

You’ll find better equipment very quickly anyway. I personally dislike quick start equipment DLC’s and prefer not to use them. Didn’t even sell the gear for cash, preferring to play the game it’s meant without any short cuts.

Eh, I got the original game dirt cheap, and the game is actually fun to play. I’ve put in less money than it would have cost to have purchased it new, so I certainly don’t feel suckered. I knew going in that it was an older game and that the “re-work” was nothing special. I just wanted to finally see the game, and in that respect, it’s been worth the modest cost.

At the point you encounter the chest, there is no way to tell if the items are a one-and-done chance or if they stay there, at least, I didn’t see any indication of such information. And because the game does not allow two-way transfers to containers, you can’t put stuff back in once you take it out, so you can end up like some of us trying to play it safe and winding up with no room in the back pack. Not a game breaker, far from it, but just one more example of the truly horrible UI and UX design in this game.

I dunno, man. I’ve played some games with truly horrible UI designs and I have to say this isn’t one of them. It’s got some minor inconveniences, sure, and it plays like a game from 8 years ago but I’m not having any problem with it.