Kiss vs. Eagles

I like turtles

Fixed

I know what you’re doing Bruce, it won’t work.

Just like every male in Philadelphia should be, so they can’t breed.

I like where this thread is going.

Gimme your address and I will send you one.

Now you’re talking.

Next thread:

Eminem vs. Susan Boyle (Also Shit Bonerz.)

Kiss, but only for Paul Stanley’s unbearably negative audiobook on the many he ways he despises Peter Criss (compilation of his many insults available here). I really love their infamous Tom Snyder interview where Ace Frehley is a tad drunk!

Even though their production was terrible before they teamed up with Bob Ezrin on Destroyer, the first few Kiss albums contain some really terrific songs. Strutter is a power-pop gem!

Woah. Okay, I’m 18 minutes into this thing, and you’re right.
It’s a 43 minute video (not the Snyder video, but the complainer video you linked to). Does he ever let up, or say even one nice thing about Peter?

Surely he must have had some redeeming qualities, or they would have kicked him out of the band at the very beginning. Sounds like Paul’s gripes go way back to before they were famous. According to him, Peter couldn’t read, write, or play the drums. Or even know what a verse/chorus structure is. If that were the case, why not get rid of him in the early days?

Someone needs to name their band “Shit Bonerz” because they are still in a dead heat with the Eagles, and have been for two days.

His entire autobiography is like that. It’s the most bitter thing I’ve ever read and it never fails to make me laugh. I don’t see a reunion for the original line-up on the horizon anytime. His criticisms about Ace, though not nearly as harsh, are super over the top, too.

Well then I guess I don’t need to hear the rest of it. It might be better if Paul would put some emotion into his reading of his own words. Instead, he’s just horribly deadpan. He should have got Alex Jones to read it for the audio version. That would have been a kick.

Or maybe I’ll pick up the book and supply my own emotion. Except I don’t know if I could read an entire book-length of bitterness (although I’m sure better authors have managed to pull it off).

I wouldn’t be surprised if the existence of Paul’s book was solely to attack some of the mild criticisms Peter Criss offered in his honest and self-reflexive autobiography from a few years earlier. Despite not knowing much about the band (outside of the film Detroit Rock City), I picked up the latter after reading a piece on AV Club, and really thought it was a fun behind-the-scenes look at being part an out-of-control party. I can’t imagine the contrast between being a member of a huge band while remaining largely anonymous off-stage thanks to your make-up!

WRT that article you just linked to: Now that’s how to reel in a reader.
Paragraph One: He starts out super-negative, and ends the paragraph brilliantly positive in such a way that I am hooked. I’ll be reading this article right now.

BTW, I have owned a brand new hardcover version of “And Party Every Day” for years now, but haven’t yet set aside the time to read it. I’ve always had a kind of fascination with Casablanca Records. Also, I wanted to see if the band Angel ever got a mention.

Tangental brush with fame: my friend Kristin edited Gene Simmons’ “KISS: The Early Years”

Hopefully, she never had to meet him.

They are doing this over at ResetERA but with Sonic Youth and the Pixies which makes a bit more sense. Pixies are winning almost 2 to 1 in the poll but the SY contingent are way more vocal in the thread.