Langrisser Mobile is Awesome

I don’t really play many mobile games, but a friend recommended this one and I’ve been playing it for a couple weeks now and have been having a blast with it. It’s free to play and I’ve yet to be tempted to pay any money. It feels like it would be right at home on 3DS. If you are unfamiliar with this series it is a Strategy RPG similar to Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics. I’m pretty impressed how feature-rich it is and how it continually has doled out new modes like the Time Rift, that lets you play missions from the older games recreated in the new engine.

So anyone else playing this? Get any cool characters? Here’s what I got so far:

R - Got them all
SR - Freya, Chris, Silver Wolf, Lance
SSR - Luna - Using her as my main, she is an awesome flyer-type.

Thanks for posting this. I’ve never heard of this but I’m always up for a Fire Emblem-alike. Checking it out now.

You and @lordkosc posting at the same time on multiple threads is confusing me!

I probably wouldn’t post in this thread. :)

Wait - you can play missions from the older games? I avoided this thinking it was the typical gacha style but maybe I should check this out.

I was a huge fan of the first 5 games, more so than FE back in the day infact (of course, the heyday of Langrisser was before the Fire Emblem revival on the GBA)

Edit: Thinking about Langrisser again made me remember TearRing Saga, which was the ‘true’ successor of Fire Emblem when Kaga left Intelligent Systems. I was always curious why his studio wasn’t more successful but it looks like Nintendo sued him out of existence for his games being too similar to Fire Emblem.

His latest project, a Japanese Freeware game called Vestaria Saga is currently in the midst of being translated to english for a Steam release.

I only ever got to play Langrisser as Warsong on the Gensis but it was a terrific game. They should port to PC, there’s a market for this.

Facebook was advertising this at me, I think. With an emphasis on the titties, so I wrote it off.

The series had quite an emphasis on the titties from the very start. What I find intriguing, from the coverage I’ve seen, is that the marketing material makes use the original (Urushihara’s, if I remember right) designs, while the game features some really generic animu reinterpretation of it — the same lackluster art that is being used in the upcoming Switch remakes.
I can’t quite figure what is going on.

I thought this thread was going to be about a new cell phone mobile carrier lol.

I believe the game itself is Chinese developed, it’s just using the Langrisser license. Probably related to that

I was a big fan of warsong on the genesis. Thanks for mentioning this.
It’s a 1.6gig app, ouch.

The art seems alot better in the mobile version than the Switch remake, actually. It retains the flavor (and the shoulder pads) of the original without looking like a relic of the 80s. The art in the remake does look very bland.

For comparison:

original → mobile → remake

What? That’s a major reduction in pauldron size right there!

Size matters guys.

You are absolutely right: I was meaning to talk about the on-map sprites in my earlier comment, and I didn’t look close enough. The two versions are very different, and the mobile version looks vastly superior on that front too. Heck, I’m even tempted to give it a try now :O

I started playing it. Seems pretty good, got some meat on its bones. I’m sure the gatcha will turn me off eventually but I’ll give it a sporting go while the tickets are easy to come by.

I’ve hit level 27 and story mission 15. Until now it was a fun romp but it has suddenly upped the difficulty in both the story mission and the on map special events. Grinding out the extra power to allow me to proceed might not be fun enough to make me want to continue especially if I hit another difficulty spike after this one.

That’s basically the exact point I uninstalled.

I knew going into it that it would be a short little run, but it was fun

Just curious but how short? Wondering if it’s worth keeping on my device until I’m ready to play.

I think that I played pretty casually mostly around my commute for maybe 10 hours give or take

I’ve probably also played 5-10 hours. It is a little hard to tell but 30 minutes in the morning while making and eating breakfast and another session in the evening.