Langrisser Mobile is Awesome

They added some new challenge achievements for killing 200/400/etc Goblins, each tier gives a key, and they count retroactively. You’re not crazy.

(Also: I scrounged together one more 10-pull last night and got Estelle, against most odds. Not sad! Now just to try to get Tiaris out of this banner easily enough to save up some pulls for the next Trails crossover…)

Oh, thank you.

Grats on Tiaris! I think ~120 without a SSR is around my longest SSR drought period as well. I got my guaranteed Liana today after 80 pulls, which is not great, not terrible, but like @Kyrios I nabbed Estelle near the end, so not sad either.

The Nightmare dragon seems pretty ugly. Maybe I’ll give it a better go once I get Liana to 4* to deal with the debuffs. For now I’ve read that the drops aren’t that much better than 65’s, but with better odds of SSR scrolls.

Varna is good for PvP, but not a lot of overlap with your factions currently I think. Rachel is an excellent mage though (albeit belonging to inconvenient factions)

1. Yeah, whether you’re drawing on a special banner or the generic summon banner, the chance of getting a SSR is ~2%.

2. For the banners with 2 heroes (ie. Ledin/Elwin) I think it’s 40% Each of the banner heroes, and 20% all others. For 3 hero “destiny” banners, the first SSR will be one of the 3 that you don’t already own, and afterwards it’s 27% one of the 3, and 20% all others I believe?

So if you draw again (and score a SSR) there’s a ~27% chance you’ll get a Rachel dupe, or 20% chance of a off banner hero, but 54% chance you’ll get a SSR healer.

So if you draw again (and score a SSR) there’s a ~27% chance you’ll get a Rachel dupe, or 20% chance of a off banner hero, but 54% chance you’ll get a SSR healer.

And this is how I ended up with 3 diehartes last time! lol

I think I need a Dieharte to unlock one of my bonds. I think for Leon? Don’t care that much because I don’t play Leongrisser.

Dieharte is needed for the whole Langrisser 3 harem. But you can make do without him, since he unlocks the attack bond usually, and most of those girls are healers or tanks.

I mostly want Dieharte to unlock Liffany’s 5th bond.

The first thing I did today was unlock Elwin’s 5th bond with Liana. Finally!

I finally unlocked sword aniki to 60 today. My healers survived blast with 46 hp and i know it’s because of all the bond work i’ve been putting in!

I got a guildmate that’s been playing around the same time as the rest of us but his total power is 16,000 instead of 20-24k. He has NEVER done a bond gate thing. :(

I think Rachel, like Elwin, is very specialized but the best at what she does. She’s an amazing anti-boss mage: she can lower their magic def, she can dispel debufs and heal all people around her while inflicting damage and healing herself with Dark Reaper, and she even got a passive that frees her sage hat slot.
The problem is her terrible voice actress and the fact she looks as dumb as she acts.

I did that using the usual trick: put Leon away from the team, watch the Aniki panic!
You should play Leongrisser sometimes ;)

I moved all of Nein’s gear over to Rachel (so Purgatory, a Warlock hat, some SR armor, and I can’t recall the acessory but nothing especially noteworthy) and leveled her to 43, going up the left hand class tree.

Do people here play with English or Japanese VO? (I play with the sound off.)

@Left_Empty have you played all the old langrisser games? I played 2, but heard some pretty mixed reactions to the later ones. Langrisser 3 doesn’t seem that bad from what I see in the time rifts, and Dieharte isn’t the jerk I thought he’d be from his goofy appearance.

Not a fan of Rachel’s design either.

Is there some trick to doing the guildwar thingy or am I just not good enough yet? I get stomped quickly. Currenty level 32, team consists of some combination of Vargas, Almeda, Matthew, Shelfaniel, Chris, Hein.

Are you in the guild? We’re doing level 3 so you’re gonna die. Give me a ping I’ll carry you so you get points, when do you play?\

edit:

The last mobs in the battle all get 30% bonus to stats which is whty they hurt so much and why you should bring on-faction heroes.

Yes I’m in the guild. I generally play around 9 or so at night, pacific. I guess I’ll have to hurry up and rank up so I can help.

Does it reset at some point or something?

My guild just jumped up to ‘hard’ battles, and it isn’t going to so well. We have a fairly active guild of about 27 players, but most of the guild seems ineffective in these battles.

What is the benefit of the higher guild battles? The rewards only seem mildly better

I played them all, almost.

The first one is the best game balance wise, as all the other and remakes have been messed up with the attack/defense spells, making them too easy. As a power fantasy Der Langrisser (the 2 director’s cut) is the single best game of the series, and the one the mobile version is based upon (with characters being reset by runestones to carry over advantage from old career path).
Langrisser 3 is a fugly buggy mess (I never have had a console game crash this much on me, it was infuriating). The 3D battles were atrocious, but almost prefiguring the Dynasty Warriors game in away. And surprisingly it was also probably the best tactical experience purely mechanically — like a Total War game can feel at its best. The characters were all very memorable… unlike Langrisser 4 & 5, two conservative cash-ins on Langrisser 2, devoid of any of its charm or brillance. Those were quite bad games (I was surprised to learn recently the team was mostly the same as the precious games), and it is little wonder to me that the series died after them, and that the Chinese devs have not been pushing any single player content in the Mobile version from those lackluster games.

In general, you should be 10 levels higher than the level you play to be somewhat comfortable. Faction buffs are a must, character boosted as well.
As long as you get a little points in a battle, you’ll be okay for the rewards, but at higher levels those don’t scale well: you get more from playing the battles themselves.

Mildly better rewards, pretty much.

I guess it does add up eventually, but you really need some dedicated players to pass the harder modes. I’m in a fairly hardcore guild, still it’s mostly 10-15 players who get way in excess of 5000 contribution points who carry the rest (I’m consistently in the middle with about 2500 contribution by the end of each GW, I get that mostly soloing once a day)