Leaving Quarter to Three (and no longer sponsoring the site)

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. ;)

This is a really good summary of the issue that I have been unable to express so succinctly. Thank you.

Essentially:

I understand your point of view. But the fact is that people here do want to engage Gman in that isolated thread. They are actively visiting the Facebook thread for that specific purpose. Otherwise, the thread would have died long ago.

So in a way, aren’t you also demanding that others change what they are inclined to do?

Well I see the vast majority of the engagement is posters telling him to go away or swear at him for his trolling, I am not sure that is a positive overall. I mean if someone trolls something inflammatory then the engagement is often just anger at the statement, sometimes so enraging decent people they get banned or leave as part of the reaction. Which is why he and other trolls do it of course.

So how’s that going? Seriously. I muted it instantly.

I think (without knowing) that wumpus’ hosting of the forum was one of the problems. Even though he was not a ‘moderator’ he could look at log detailss and used that ability in his pursuit of a particular model of moderation, which he thought the gman controversy was a perfect argument for. I can understand if Tom was not cool with that.

It’s going great! I’ve lost interest in him for now though as he’s still playing the “Oh my, I had no idea that was happening, can you explain it?” troll character.

Goodbye.

THANX
For kicking the Qt3 into the modern era IRT BBS software
For supporting that transition and underwriting the architecture it runs on

BUT NO THANX
For the drama

You aren’t the only one.

Time to rename P&R to Radioactive Waste, so people stop mistaking it as a soapbox for Important Activism?

This thread has inspired me to get off myass and do something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile now.

What, make that image?

Is that from the Patreon page?

Yup23

Me, I’m excited that this has given posters an opportunity to remind anyone who finds P&R informative or valuable that we should be grateful we are still allowed to click on our qt3 bookmarks, much less post or even read the forum.

It puts the lotion on it’s skin, or else it gets the hose again.

What the hell @wumpus I go visit the US for week and it goes to Hell. Stay and hang out if not as a sponsor.
Even I burnt out on P&R.

I missed the whole sundering into Broken Forum drama but have witnessed this sad sorrow of parting. I hope I can engage with @wumpus soon again in some fashion.

FTFY.