Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

But do you have Epona?

Do you have an officially licensed way to display your amiibo?

I WILL NOT BECOME ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE

The line must be drawn here!

That stand is an abomination of crass consumerism. I can not abide it!

(how much does it cost I wonder…)

There’s no way I could possibly know, that’s for sure. What kind of idiot buys a Mario themed display just for a half-dozen Zelda amiibo? It just wouldn’t make any sense at all.

I’d do that, but looking on Amazon the good ones are all $40+. I have like 50 funkopops and haven’t spent over like $10 each

I know, fuck the scalpers. You can find these in retail stores some of the time.

And, the only amiibos I have purchased were either directly for use in a game, or sale priced animal crossing ones.

Either way, I can’t justify paying more than the 15 dollar MSRP for any of these.

Man-children, please focus back on the topic at hand, with reports of your in-game experience rescuing a princess in your green tunic.

Look, I am too busy collecting plastic figurines to find some princess. She can save herself for all I care.

Hey, I have no Amiibo’s personally, though I do somewhat wish I had picked up a Samus one.

What. Why are you looking at me like that? Would you stop staring at that box of X-wings and TIE Fighters? Those are totally different, I swear!

You mean the special green tunics I’ve unlocked via amiibo?

No, the dyed green tunics you can make in one of the starter towns out of any tunic you own.

By the way, speaking of Amiibo, I own an original Link Amiibo, which apparently gives Epona. So I unlock Eponah, register it at the stable, and then immediately get this majestic horse-of-legend killed by wandering too close to the edge of a cliff during a thunderstorm, right as a furious blast of lightning bombed the shit out of a nearby explosive barrel, obliterating the entire monster camp and sending both of us off into oblivion.

I haven’t yet tried to resummon via the Amiibo, but the game sure didn’t waste any time deleting the shit out if it from the stable listings.

I also have a Twilight Princess Zelda Amiibo. She gives me the same generic food and chests all the non-Zelda Amiibos give.

Oh yea one more thing, I thought it would be great fun to translate all the Hyrulian/Shiekah text found all over the place (using the chart below), turns out it is all just about as benign and literal as you could ever imagine. Still kinda fun to do though.

Hmm, you might be out of luck. I did some research to talk myself out of buying amiibos, and from what I read summoning Epona is a one time only thing.

Uh oh. Well, I guess I’ll find out later. Not a huge loss for me. I have 53 hours in the game so far, and probably only 30 minutes of it are spent mounted. It never fails that the minute I climb off I forget all about it and wander out of range.

I don’t have any amiibo, yay?

You can easily get horses at any point once you get off the plateau, btw.

And the game is still fucking incredible, even though all I’ve done for the last two days is aimlessly explore new areas completely undirected, ignoring all of my main quests and side quests.

I’ve actually tried just opening up all the towers with any shrines I find en route as bonus. No idea how optimal that is but it’s been fun for me with my limited play time, I figure it could reduce a lot of running around down the line, but even if not it’s been fun so far

I don’t want to read threads about this game because I don’t want to hear cool stuff people did because I want to just find it in the game. But also I don’t want to do anything but think about this game.

Life is hard.

I’m kind of in the same boat

THERE ARE BOATS IN THE GAME?!

But yeah, same here. When I find myself with a minute to browse at work I’m torn between the desire to not spoil anything, and the desire to read everything I possibly can.

I haven’t found a practical use for this yet, but attatching a certain Octorok body part to random things like bombs can be quite amusing.

I’ve only seen the rafts! I had the thought last night, what would happen if you used the stasis power on a raft, gave it a couple whacks, and jumped on before the timer ran down? :)

Assuming stasis works on the rafts which it may not, hey.