Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

As soon as I start reading something that feels like spoilers I’m clicking X on that page! But it’s really hard to not want to know more about what I might encounter! I just have to make sure I play every day… yes. That’s the ticket. Soon I’ll have seen it all! Like… by summertime… crying face smiley

Isn’t that when they release the new DLC content? ;)

I was just making a dumb joke, I don’t know if there are actual boats, but I don’t think so.

You and your equine friend may cross paths again. Go south my son and kneel at the altar of a god.

So the game is on its way. Now to find a Switch, haha.

I can’t tell if you’re joking, but rafts CAN be used without the extra Skills effort.

[Spoiler]All you need is a Korok Leaf… and complete disregard for Newton’s Third of Motion.

You can usually find a leaf somewhere near the rafts, but if not they’re also pretty common drops when you chop down trees.

Once you have a leaf, equip it from your melee weapon menu, disregard the laws of nature, and ‘attack’ your raft’s sail in the direction you’d like to move.[/spoiler]

Yeah I know that, obviously … I was just thinking about how fast it would go with stasis power. :)

I did something really clever in the marbles shrine in the second town… I felt so smart and still do … hehe

I am going to assume you “flipped the tables” on the whole puzzle.

Because, I think that the motion puzzles are the worst part of the game, and the only way to do them is to cheese the mechanics.

is it really cheating? I thought it was an alternative way of doing it… I am sooo smart. Also I got the optional chest in that labyrinth.

Option chest was easy, wasn’t it? Am I thinking of the right one? Unlocking the exit was the tricky part.

Motion puzzles are fine. The worst part of the game is climbing 90% of the way to a summit, 4 billion feet in the air, when it starts raining and you don’t have enough stamina to deal with that shit at the moment.

I think, the biggest problem with the motion puzzles is, I am using a pro controller with my Wii U docked.

So, when those puzzles come up, I have to go over pick up the gamepad, which, because it was sitting in the dock, is calibrated wrong for the puzzle, causing the slab to flip wildly askew. I have to then set the pad down, and restart the puzzle.

It is a big hassle, and really took me out of the game. “Oh, I am sorry, but you can’t use that controller to do this puzzle”

Great.

Gotta watch that weather forecast!

Pro controller has no motion doodad?

Switch pro does

Well, the Wii U certainly does not. The system that the game was originally built for.

But the Wii U always had games that could require the big gamepad, right? The limited required use of motion controls isn’t anything I’d blame on moving BotW to a Switch release as well.

Well, sure, but it is pretty shitty to require puzzles to switch controllers on a game that doesn’t use the wii u controller for much at all outside of those puzzles. The screen is blank when playing.

Yeah, the fact that they removed any tablet usage(other than switching the game to play exclusively on the tablet screen) makes the puzzles that require that controller all the more like a slap in the face.