Let's complain about our bodies

Congrats on getting that monster out of you.

Thanks, just got to this new monster out me.

I am glad you are doing better and I hope you didn’t send out any important e-mails or texts several hours ago. You may have some explaining to do. :)

4:00 am and power went out. I need pain medicine and help, press call button and nothing happens. So have to half crawl along rye wall out my room to get to nurses desk who had no idea anything was wrong.

Now I have nothing to take into distract from pain. Phone charge down to 20% charge in pitch black room.

Hang in there man.

They were running a generator test and it failed locking up half the hall. They finally got power back and then they did the test again! Knocked the power out for another hour. That does not seem like a smart thing to do in hospital environment?

Sitting in pitch black hospital room with no contact with outside nurses is freaky. Like being in a horror movie.

Hang in there, fellow Jeff!

But if you get too bored, just let out a long and loud “Braaaaaiiiiiinnnnnsss” and see if you get any reaction.

Wow, what an ordeal. Stay strong, man!

Possible bright side: next time you go through airport security and the metal detector beeps you’ve got a great story to tell the agent!

Lol. Sorry for the melodrama in that post. feel stupid for posting it now, but was feeling very alone and isolated, and wasn’t sure how long the issue would persist. Glad I didn’t have en emergency.

Sinus problems. WTF. So annoying. So I tried a netie pot which is okay.

This is interesting. $99 for a neti vacuum

Bet those salt pods are expensive. That’s ok i’ll just pour salt manually in the water chamber.

WTF. Inkjet cartridge DRM. Fuck you.

Are those safe or potentially counterproductive? I don’t know if there’s a healthy mucosal lining up there that shouldn’t be stripped away?

—————-

I’m. back home now. Yea! Time to make up for 3 days worth of lost sleep.

I don’t think I would trust that thing even if it didn’t have stupid DRM crap.

I use a neti pot every month or so. I don’t like the real pots, I use the squirt bottle they make. It works well enough for me.

Only $1. I’ll try one of those squeeze bulbs.

I haven’t used that device, but the one I have does have a pump. It’s a gentle flow of saline. Great for the mucosa.

There are some annoying things about this design, like the water tank not being flat, but the one I used to like is no longer made. Not cheap, but you can use any salt packets you like

Glad you are back home.

Wow Jeff, another great episode eh. Glad you made it out ok. You ever tell your mom she shoulda called you Job? Any dick farts yet?

Thanks for posting that. I am intrigued.

How do you sterilize it, just boil the sprayers head? The Neti bottle I use I put in the microwave before use for 30 seconds, although I am not sure how much that works.

Still, it’s silly, but I really don’t like the idea of a machine doing this, but it appears to be adjustable, so my fear doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t sterilize it. You want to use distilled water though.

I’m a little concerned at how much blood I’m peeing out. I don’t have urine anymore it’s just blood. This has been rough. Thought I’d be getting better by now.

I’d say that’s a “Call your doctor/go to the ER right now.”

I agree with this. Better to double check that straight away rather than wait.
Hope you feel better man :(