Let's Play Choice of Robots

Some things are in our control and others are not. - Epictetus

Chapter 1: Assembly

You awaken with your head on a desktop keyboard. Your 3D drafting program is still open, the schematic zoomed in to the recess where your smartphone will snap into its back to act as its brain. You recall fiddling with that part endlessly last night, until finally, your vision began to fade, there was a roaring in your ears, and you realized you had been working far, far too long. You must have passed out.

It’s the fall of 2019. You’re a twenty-four-year-old graduate student in the Ph.D. program in Computer Science at Stanford. And you’re a…

[ol]
[li]Guy.[/li][li]Girl.[/li][/ol]

Conquer Alaska you say? You betcha!

(girl, if you don’t get the joke)

Girl.

Come on people, it’s TWENTY NINETEEN! Girls can be computer scientists now!

Girl

Works for me. Girl.

Loving it!

Girl!

I continue to be guided by the illustration at the beginning of the thread, which I interpret as a Girl (or maybe Wolverine).

Always pick the girl avatar so you can watch her butt move during her run cycle.

That applies here, right?

I don’t believe in gender, none of you have the perspective for creating a new life form!

Girl!

Girl beats guy by 8 votes to none. It’s the fall of 2019. You’re a twenty-four-year-old graduate student in the Ph.D. program in Computer Science at Stanford. And you’re a girl.

Whose name is…

[ol]
[li]Susan.
[/li][li]Ada.
[/li][li]Grace.
[/li][li]Sophia.
[/li][li]Hypatia.
[/li][li]Marie.
[/li][li]Cynthia.
[/li][li]Here, I’ll type it for you (feel free to suggest your own name, in which case your vote will be for that name)
[/li][/ol]

Sarah (to continue my joke)

This one doesn’t matter to me, so why not? Sarah.

Yeah, I’m good with assisting another’s amusement!

Sarah

Gotta go Hypatia.

2) Ada

Wolverine.

Diziet Sma

Ada (though it seems like Mecha-Palin might win).

Wolverine sounds great.