Let's play picture telephone!

I seem to always be drawing, never proving the text…

I just wanted the descriptions to be relatively pithy. It’s possible it’s too strict, but this is the first feedback I’ve heard about it so far.

Yep, hoping to get to private games and an undo function soon. Those are near the top of the list.

If you don’t take your turn, the game is released after 10 minutes. It forces a skip. Was there a reason that BPT didn’t do that? I don’t recall…

This is a great game, Reed. And I think it’s catching on.

This site has a bit of an essay on BPT and what went wrong, etc. You might’ve already seen it since it’s the 2nd google hit for BPT but just in case:

Broken Picture Telephone stuff

Thanks for the link. Basically the dev just released it and stopped working on it. A shame really but it allows someone else to take the reins and make it better.

A “Skip & report” button would also be useful.

Given the scatological nature of many of the guesses, it might be helpful to remove the color brown.

It would be nice if the system could automatically discard blank responses – some people seem to be mistaking “Submit” for “Skip”.

Are a lot of people just hitting ‘skip’ when a picture comes up? Maybe that’s why I’ve drawn about 25 times in a row…

The undo button would be pretty cool. I keep thinking I’ve clicked on a color or size change, only to find out OOPS, didn’t take. About to hit 1,000 users already - nice!

I’d love to see an archive too, if that’s in the future update plans.

Ugh. Server overloaded. Looks like this thing is blowing up.

I seem to recall that happening with BPT too. The main reason I eventually lost interest in BPT was because it reached a point where the site either wouldn’t load, or it would take ages to load.

Oh BPT how I’ve missed thee.

http://drawception.com/viewgame/KaCC3td2n9/

Great! I was thinking recently about how much I missed Broken Picture Telephone.

A few comments/wishes:

• The drawing options seem more limited than I remember for BPT. Are there less/different colours?
  • Painting up to the edge loses the focus of the painting app (or something), leading to a need to release and click again to start painting again.
  • The games could do with lasting for more turns, to give the craziness room to grow a little more.

The longer the game, the more likely someone will use the color brown and ‘poop’ will inevitably become part of the thread…

Oooh and hopefully you’re going to add voting too, both to draw attention to the best threads and to help police the idiots the site is sure to eventually attract.

I’d almost say that there should be a Translation-party-like option to keep going until two responses are the same. But that would probably never happen.

I’ll second this. I’d rather not look at poorly drawn penises any more than I have to already.

You’d never guess that started with “bikini babe washing car”

Whee! Fun stuff; great site.

There’s also already racist remarks.

If you could somehow make a workable iPhone app of this, I’m pretty sure you’ll end up being a multimillionare.

Just don’t sell out to Zynga :)

Internet anonymity leads to a higher incidence of things that should never be. But I should probably save that for some other thread.