Let's talk about masks(Surgical, N-95 and Jim Carrey movies)

No. I assume people are too stupid to do both. But it is very, very easy for a person to understand: stay 2 meters away from other people and wash your hands (although way too many people are too idiotic to understand even this, as the present is showing us).

It is far more difficult to understand:

• Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
  • Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
  • To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

Yes - these are the official WHO guidelines for proper mask usage.

Now - if you personally want to use a mask, and know how to use it properly (see above), then more power to you. I would never look at you askance for mask usage. My significant other uses it too, in certain situations.

So far, there is no firm evidence to prove that this is a significant disease vector (laboratory tests <> reality), and that the virus can exist as a true aerosol. That does not mean it cannot happen under the right conditions, it just means that it’s very, very unlikely. And we have very strong evidence the other way, because if the virus could exist an aerosol, we would be seeing vastly higher infection rates of Covid-19 (i.e., measles level, which is R18, rather than the actual R3 that we’re seeing). The infection rate we’re seeing is consistent with droplet level - i.e., very short term presence in the air.

I absolutely agree - if people were smart. Since people aren’t, I think nor recommending is the right strategy. My SO disagrees with me, FWIW, but she also thinks everyone is as careful as she is.