Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Just post the URL as plain text instead of inserting a link.

This looks interesting I especially like the music. Thanks @Bobtree for demistifying how to post the Steam link.

Plugging Sentinels of the Multiverse due to the final mega-expansion “OblivAeon” being released yesterday, completing all the content! There’s two “season passes” worth of content covering all of the physical card game and all its expansions, and you can grab it also on Android and iOS. Plus I think there are sales on Fanatical on the base game and Season 1, and you can also use the fanatical discount codes for a little bit extra off! I’m scared to play the Oblivaeon mode!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/sentinels-of-the-multiverse

This looks interesting but I know nothing about the game play. The Historical Gamer has a video up, however, so I’ll check that out later.

(wow emoji)

It’s not that I literally thought this day would never come, but it’s been awhile!

So from what I can tell it’s kind of like Papers, Please but turn-based and set during the French Revolution. Sounds good to me.

Historical Gamer video

Looks like a possibility. It kind of follows in the TV tradition of giving the protagonist a personal/family drama to interweave with the main plot, so you are balancing the views of family, the populace, and the revolutionaries.

Not sure I understood the mechanics of questioning during the trial. I am not sure what the in-game balance is between running trials and personal goals.

I’ve played the first two days and I’m not sure I understand it all either. The mechanic of linking key phrases from the case summary to question category is kind of tough. With my bad eyesight, and playing on a laptop makes it tough for me to read some of the text. I’m going to try dropping the resolution to see if that helps.

From the trailer there appears to be some more interesting elements to come, like giving speeches before an execution and taking control of various districts of Paris.

All that aside, the cases I’ve seen are the same ones as the video, so it appears pretty linear so far without a whole lot of replayability. We’ll see if it open up along the way.

Moo3.

I completely forgot about Outward because of that awful split-screen gameplay video above. Apparently it comes out in 2 days.

I’m still totally down for this, and I might be able to talk my gal into playing it with me (splitscreen ftw!). Yeah, it looks a little janky, and I’m skeptical of the survival aspects, but I want to reward the devs, and the price is right ($40 on release).

finally the two indie threads are merged. hurrah!!!

I’m sceptical because what person of sound mind writes the date like this:

RELEASE DATE: 26th of March, 2019

Someone who doesn’t speak English as his first language and is being (perhaps unknowingly) overly formal? I don’t know where they’re from, but every video I’ve watched with the devs, they have a strong European accent (Dutch, maybe?).

Good thing they didn’t write it as 26-3-2019.

Murasaki is an explosion/shooter/puzzle game, worth the $2, very tough, also has a new sequel.

Space Viking Raiders looks like a buy at $5 or bundled. Some EDF + ARPG vibes.

Nation War: Chronicles is Chinese RTS meets Crusader Kings, with iffy translation.

For some reason I’m on the Pathway mailing list. So I came to post my latest spam as it has a video:

which is handy, as I don’t have a clue what this game is about, even though I’ve been on it’s mailing lists for a while now. So maybe now I can watch that video and find out.

Also: if you search the forums for “Pathway” you won’t find your post, as it doesn’t contain the word “Pathway”, as the word Pathway is put there by the viewer’s browser when it creates that little Steam box thing, rather than in your post, so I’m putting Pathway here a few times to help other people search for it using Discoure’s awful search feature.

Everyone out side of the US? :)

@Tom: What happened to the other indie thread? Did you grow tired of the subtle distinction between worth playing and worth knowing about?

Well this game (Outward) is now out on Xbox. Has anybody played it, any Impressions after the first 6 hours? I’m always up for role playing games, especially indie games which tend to take more risks than the boring BioWare s*** that nobody really likes but lies to themselves about. So I’m curious to know how this one fares.

Haha, I didn’t mean that though!! I meant how formally it was written :)

Played the tutorial on PS4 and died a bunch of times.
It’s a bit fiddly control wise but my first impressions are better than Elex.
Also not sure about the “souls-like” comparisons.
Feel like the combat is easier than Dark Souls but the survival stuff is what will make it difficult.
Setting and jank reminds me of Dragon’s Dogma a bit.