Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Another early access game. I am loving this. Its a very easy to play trading, economics game. I dont expect to be playing it forever, but its been a pleasant and relaxing few hours.

Makes me think of SkyTraders

Oooh! this?

New to me! Hmm looks fun!

FYI Merchant of the skies his does not have competing AI opponents or other traders as far as I can tell so far. Which makes it lower pressure but does feel a little lonely.

Specifically, a commercial revamp and expansion of the ideas explored in the very unofficial Doom Roguelike, later renamed DRL to placate lawyers.

Jupiter Hell is not the same game with graphics, but it’s close enough that folks should check out DRL to see if they’d like it. (IMO it’s one of the great roguelikes of all time.)

I kickstarted Jupiter Hell and have my early access key but haven’t had a chance to check it out. Doom Roguelike was absolutely considered a classic in the roguelike space.

This released today and looks pretty interesting. I’m going to pick it up on the Switch.

I remember those two talking about and showing some brief snippets of this game at PAX… years ago now. It fell off my radar after a while of no news on a release. Good to see it come out!

Zachtronics has a new game coming Monday next called Eliza, which seems not very Zach-like. It’s a visual novel about a counseling AI and a woman who reads the scripts it gives her:

Eliza is a visual novel about an AI counseling program, the people who develop it, and the people who use it.

After abandoning her high-powered tech career and a mysterious three-year absence, Evelyn Ishino-Aubrey resurfaces working as a proxy for a virtual counseling app called Eliza. Her job consists solely of reading a script provided to her in real-time by an AI, leaving her no autonomy over what she says. Is Eliza a technological marvel that brings therapy to those who otherwise couldn’t access it? Or is it an ineffective replacement and another vector for technology companies to gain control over our lives and humanity?

As she reconnects with people from her past and gets to know the ordinary people of Seattle who use Eliza for counseling, Evelyn finds herself caught in the middle between differing sides of the argument— and as she begins to question everything about her past life and future purpose in the world, it becomes clear she must confront the turmoil and darkness inside.

I just watched somebody play it, and you are totally right, this feels like a totally different game from DoomRL.

Did some discovery queue searching , probably ignored over 200 games, heh… And these are looking pretty interesting.

“AvoCuddle” tells a tale of true love! An emotional action adventure through the galaxy searching and seeking to free your soul mate. Explore beautiful and dangerous planets, fight it’s special creature and solve puzzles, through a visually stunning 2D-platformer.

ab8c229496701a3c93896c03d0a251dc00d0428b5e74c8f1da2d40985648dca6

It was a humble exclusive in april? but just hit steam recently. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1055540/A_Short_Hike/

Very cute slice of life adventure game. I am not ashamed to say i teared up at some point while playing this.

Man, everyone is talking about this lately. I tried the early Humble version and it didn’t click. I think I need to try again!

This is perhaps my GOTY so far:

I play it using Adept-style.

That was fantastic. Thx @Chappers!

finally!

Nice stuff guys