Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I had only started up that level to take a look earlier and didn’t realize there are no colors to match on that one. I managed 19+ seconds with a controller. KB may be better for that level, but I like the controller for the others.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

And now for some reason I have this nostalgic feeling about Audiosurf. ;)

First hour of gameplay… why didn’t this get a request Wed block vote?

Because I want my KFC dating sim dammit!

It did. 😥 Well, a block of 1.

It actually just appeared in my Steam account one day, I’m certain I didn’t activate it. Do you by chance own Rock ‘N’ Roll Defense, or one of these other games? I assume the developer handed it out to me as a freebie for owning their other title…
Here’s the paper trail, along with a couple of other games with the same “acquisition method” I certainly didn’t input a key for.

I believe it was free on steam for a few days.

I’m fully prepared to support this for next Wednesday.

Is there lore / backstory? I am not sure Tom would enjoy it. :P

#goose4weds

The back story is this: You’re a goose and you’re an absolute dick.

A streamer titled it Honkman: Blood Money which is a pretty accurate description of the gameplay. With less firearms.

Considering the fact that Tom will say “excuse me” and “sorry” when bumping into NPCs in open world games, a Untitled Goose Game stream would be glorious to watch.

But you repeat yourself.

The designers of the game have definitely met geese, it’s true.

I started playing Mr. Shifty from the free Twitch Prime giveaway.

It’s pretty good for a free game. It’s got a mix of teleporting and fighting some baddies, and traps. I’ve only completed 2 levels and level 2 added some interesting wrinkles. How long to beat says about 4-5 hours, which may be a good duration for a game like this.

I enjoyed it… to a point, as usual. I seem to remember the game shifting its simple “ape out” sort of gameplay to force artificial difficulty — basically taking away what was the fun in a game where you just wanted to feel awesome.
But the first half of the game or so is really neat.

Goose game is short and it’s not exactly a challenging puzzler, but it is simply charming. I played through it to the end* this weekend while having a lazy Sunday morning on the couch with the wife. It was actually the first time I threw up a game on the TV and my wife enjoyed watching me play. I have to admit I got into it and made sure to honk and display to taunt the humans after every time I got one over on them.

*once you complete the main quest you get a new list of ways to annoy the humans you ran across along the way

It’s amazing to me how the fear of geese appears to be universal. Levi-Strauss wished he had been aware of that, I bet.

If one wants to spend an hour laughing hysterically and/or fueling their anatidaephobia googling goose attack videos is worth the time.

This one is my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cV4FCwtTEo

Geese. Gah. Played some and it is perfect for a goose. Fear? more like hatred.

We had African Geese on the farm I grew up on. They are very big geese. This flock was not hand-raised and raised elsewhere, not pets. So, I was the enemy. My job in grade school was to dump their water, rinse and clean it, then refill it, sometimes in my school clothes, on the way to school.

So the water tank (old tub) was bigger and heavier than me, any single goose was also bigger than me. I was the smallest kid in my school even in 3rd grade. The paddock under the tank was usually solid mud or ice; very slick … and full of goose poop. Water source was a hand pump that took much of my weight to operate, but at least I could reach it through the fence. Refill was home stretch. But getting it dumped, scrubbed and back upright while a whole flock of geese tried to kill me, and still stay clean enough to go to school, that was insane. Figured out ways to do most of it while on (or in for safety) the boards of the fence. Those GD Geese.

Oh yes, I look forward to being the goose this time. I come by my opinion honestly!

After watching that again I realize the lack of a hiss button in Untitled Goose Game is a critical omission.