Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

You also never can get as physical as the real ones (or the game would have been rated R for violence or something I guess). Have to tune down the reality to keep it lighthearted!

I was laughing when I was a kid at my mom’s warnings about geese. I was a city kid, I didn’t know better. Years later, a proud teenager on a sunny day, I was biking and exploring the countryside on vacations when I took a little detour up a slope on the side of the road to go see what looked like a nice row of little houses. There, I was met by a single goose. I was just cycling carefreely, it was in the distance minding its business; then it turned its gaze toward me. And it started chasing me. I went down the slope on the other side, and the thing was still chasing me, seemingly impervious to the fact I was supposed to outrun it. It chased and chased me for what seemed like a neverending stretch of road.
I’ll warn my kids about geese.

A year and a half later, the full game seems to have been released.

Who will be streaming? ^.^

Oooh! I need to see if I received my Kickstarter key. Thanks for the heads up. Are there any reviews yet?

None that I could quote, but I’ve looked at screens and the prose seems to not be up to par. Or maybe yesterday night’s Sunless Skies reading by Tom spoiled me. And maybe those are early access screen grabs.

Stygian:

Gaming Trend Review

I’ve dived into a bank with lunatics to find a hidden safe after finding a Key on the ground. These tasks were fun and interesting.

I am guessing you had to be there.
I’m being an ass, but at various points during my reading, I was wondering what the author was refering to.

It’s very much like a Lovecraftian Torment:Tides of Numenara so far.

I came across this amazing looking game in Steam’s new suggest-o-tron and thought it looked like it was worth playing

What a novel idea for a game!

Wilmots looks fun.
RPS loved it and called it they’re “Can’t Stop Playing” game of the month.
Bonus is its in the Humble Trove for those so inclined. 7 days to go for a new Monthly bundle headliner

Nice interview with the Wilmot’s developer here:

Wilmot’s IS fun, although maybe not for everyone. I did find that I liked the relaxed nature of it early on, but when it ramped up it almost became too stressful. Not sure how it could keep that relaxed spirit and also expand its scope, but I guess that’s the game I’d most like to play.

@Clay told us about it in the little shack of Little Indie Games Worth Playing that was rebuilt in the Switch thread at one point.

I had the reservation that @Nightgaunt experienced (hrm, I think my Frenglish is failing there, I hope this makes any sense), but it seems it works as a relaxing experience to some people.

Not really sure if this is the right thread for this but I’m looking for some recommendations for a game that I can play in short chunks (i.e. 20-30 mins per session) and was wondering if anyone had any they’d recommend.

For a long time I was playing CCGs to scratch this itch (Hearthstone/MTG) but feeling a bit burned out on the genre and looking for something else.

I’ve been playing this of late. It’s great in short spurts, especially since you can save in the middle of a run.

These are kind of older games and you might have already played them, but. . .

The Curious Expedition was what I used to scratch that exact itch for months at a time. It’s fantastic if you like exploration and push-your-luck mechanics. Mini Metro is another that filled a similar niche for me. It gets hectic at times, but I nevertheless liked it as a chillout game. Dicey Dungeons is a more recent release that has potential to be great in short bursts, but it didn’t grab me the way I’d hoped, despite loving the actual dice rolling mechanic itself.

For even shorter sessions, I’ve been consistently playing Desert Golfing on my phone for years now. It’s easily among the best dozen or so games I’ve ever played.

I don’t know what this is! Do I get all of the games in the Trove by simply doing one month of humble monthly? Seems like a bargain.

…But I also don’t get steam keys, so maybe it’s not worth it :)

Trove is the pool of games that are free as long as you subscribe to the Humble Monthly.

The Humble Trove is a catalog of 60+ DRM-free games and Humble Originals. We add new titles every month as part of your Humble Monthly subscriber perks! They’re yours to download and play anytime as long as you’re subscribed to Humble Monthly.

But are we morally allowed to keep playing them if we unsubscribe?

sohWhy9

Oooh a sports game that deals with dramatic choices via cards!