Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Great suggestions. I used to play Mini Metro alot and re-downloaded it to play some additional maps.

It also looks like I already own Curious Expedition from some humble sale. I’ll give that a go

Wilmot’s in the trove is a early version.

I wants it

Edit: I boughted it

I just came here to post this link! It’s a shame it’s not spelled out more in the games info page or in the name, somehow. E.g. a ‘definitive edition’

This is why I probably need the retail version, huh?

• We’ve completely removed the concept of lives and game over. You may still want to start over, if your first warehouse becomes a terrible mess, or you may want to use a stocktake to knock it into shape. It’s up to you now.

I watched McMaster play this a bit last night, and it seems a game that would be more fun to stream and chat with others than to play.

I hear you there. I haven’t played it yet but my understanding is the Untitled Goose Game is largely based on humor, which is so subjective, and I generally prefer funny games in social settings.

All I know is what I saw looked like a Human torture simulator. ;)

@Jason_McMaster

I think Mr. Shifty broke me. I’m on the last level and it has been insanely difficult. Sometimes the checkpoints have lots of difficult content between them and it is exhausting shipping away at it. The bad part is that when you quit,you have to start over at the beginning of the level. I know that if I shut this bastard down now I’m done for good because there is no way I’m restarting this level.

It feels so good when making it past a difficult point, but I don’t think I can do much more of this. It’s so simple in its mechanics but can be a down right bastard.

Well, Mr. Shifty decided for me. It crashed - only time it ever did for me. I started it back up and it put me at the beginning of the last level - not my last checkpoint. So, I am done. Thank you Mr. Shifty for putting me out of my misery.

Wilmots is interesting, there are some symbols that I just can’t categorize … is it a part of an animal or a tool or something. Not only you need to remember where you put stuff, but it is easier if you know what it is… so placing a name on a symbol is half the fun. But some items , I just can’t do it.

I have been enjoying the monthly video they put out , so I figured I’d share.

10: Galaxy Champions TV
Platform: Switch
Release: October 3

9: Killer Queen Black
Platform: Steam, PS4, Switch, Xbox TBA
Release: October 11

8: What the Golf?
Platform: Apple Arcade, Epic Store, Switch (TBA)
Release: October 1

7: Stranded Sails
Platform: Steam, Switch, Xbox
Release: October TBA

6: Autonauts
Platform: Steam
Release: October 17

5: Felix the Reaper
Platform: Steam, PS4, Switch, Xbox, Xbox Game Pass
Release: October 17

4: Concrete Genie
Platform: PS4, PSVR
Release: October 8

3: Afterparty
Platform: Epic Store, PS4, Switch, Xbox, Xbox Game Pass
Release: October 29

2: Valfaris
Platform: Steam, PS4, Switch, Xbox
Release: Steam and Switch, October 10. PS4, Xbox TBA November

1: Disco Elysium
Platform: Steam
Release: October 15

Get it wishlisted!

This is such a great idea. I’m so in.

Oooh. That’s nifty looking.

Where have I seen this engine before? This was an amazing physics engine looking for a game, and it looks like they found the right concept.

The dev would post on Twitter often, and other devs like Tom Francis used to retweet it all the time. Maybe there? That’s where I’ve seen it, well before it had any game concept (it was more of a proof-of-concept tech experimentation by one dev).

If you want till the end of the video the true message becomes clear: ___do____me.com

Game looks interesting. I find it odd that you can blow up and rearrange the environment willy nilly without raising alarm, but I guess the real challenge is meant to be those 60 second bursts of activity while you’re grabbing cards and making your escape.

As long as designing a route is challenging in some way this could be good. I’m wondering why I can’t just pebbleize the map and pick up the cards from the debris and then saunter over to the extraction point amidst the debris.