Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

This may be the most understated of all understatements.

This game is being removed from sale soon because the company is shutting down.

Godhood has left early access. From Abbey Games, developers of Reus and Renowned Explorers: International Society.

Risk of Rain 2 has left early access. Highly recommended.

Speaking of friends, does anybody have an opinion how this game plays alone? For example, Deep Rock Galactic is great with people, boring alone. How is this?

If you think DRG is boring alone I, nor anyone else, cannot help you.

yeah. ive played both but i also really enjoy drg alone, so my appraisal of ror2 being fun alone probably doesnt mean much here

It’s still very good solo.

Awesomesauce. Will buy.

Maybe a better term would be staggeringly lonely. I find the solo experience to be too straightforward, rote, and repetitive. The game seems to flourish with the addition of other people, who each add a fair bit of bedlam to situations that would otherwise be routine while alone. The difference for me is night and day.

If you say so buddy.

I do, in a post right above yours.

To be honest, a year ago at least (which is the last time I played it) it was pretty rote and repetitive even in multiplayer. There just wasn’t much variety, and the progression wasn’t particularly compelling. I’ve been curious if it’s improved much since then.

Yeah, I can’t imagine bothering with Deep Rock Galactic without a team. It feels very much like it’s intended to be in the same category as Left 4 Dead or Vermintide.

As near as I can tell, however, that’s not the case with Risk of Rain. What little I played this morning (about ten minutes…) just felt like a standard action RPG. As @Bobtree says, it seems like it would work just fine as a solo game.

-Tom

Thank you, I was beginning to think I was crazy pants for agreeing with kerzain and seeing everyone else saying DRG worked well solo.

I mean, kerzain of all people! I agree with approximately .1% of kerzain’s opinions. :D

I keep hearing this. I’m flummoxed.

Hey man, I got no beef. Having someone who disagrees with you almost all the time is just as strong a signal for purposes of finding out what you like as someone who agrees with you almost all the time.

DRG sucks solo. :P

This man here kosc meanwhile is like 85% right for me. :D

Oh, I know it’s nothing personal. I just get confused because everything I say makes sense to me.

Well of course your opinions make sense to you! :) Mine make sense to me too. Different strokes/different folks.

DRG is great solo. And I generally don’t like playing most games solo (that aren’t exclusively solo)