Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Tactical TB/base builder RPG zombie game like Dead State:

Developers say that they are inspired by JA2 and Dead State, and hope to take the best of Dead State and learn from it’s mistakes. Only time will tell.

Post apocalyptic TB RPG with a unique morality system set in the land of Mad Max, Australia:

Assemble your team of mercenaries in this TB RPG set in the 17th century Low Countries, to fight a evil forces ravaging a town. Use swords, muskets, pikes, crossbows, pistols, etc to effect damaging combos by combining different attacks using “humors” and the ancient science of alchemy. (FYI, I watched a bit online and it seemed pretty cool). An usual time period and setting which seems interestingly different.

I’ll say! None of those even have release dates!

I thought this thread was for games that we can actually play. Otherwise, how would we know whether they’re worth knowing about? Or am I once against misunderstanding how these threads work? It wouldn’t be the first time.

-Tom

From the studios that made NeuroVoider and TormenterXPunisher. Screen shake can be disabled.

I thought it was for games we could play as well, but the sentence that started it all, seven years ago:

I’m hoping this can become a place to post about Indie titles that sound really cool, but maybe have not been released or played yet

Womp womp.

Well, first off, the thread title says nothing about the game being ready to play. Secondly, looking at prior posts, there are a number of games that people posted about that are either “Early Access” or “Available: Sometime in 2020” or “Available: Coming Soon” or “Available at X Future Date”. So I’m not clear as to why I am receiving your attention but thanks for making me feel special :) Thirdly, I personally like hearing about upcoming games so i can track and follow them. But YMMV.

Um…the title states Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About and even then to be even more clear adds the key word - Probably. ; )

No, but unless I’m mistaken, that was precisely the point of another thread someone started but you shut down for being too similar to this one. Maybe I’m mistaken, but I can’t seem to find it.

Edit: found it. Discourse sucks. Apologies to Tom

You’re not misguided on that one.

Actually, I am

We’re not, just partial. :)
(but more like faulty memory)

closed Mar 25, '19

1 year later

opened May 26

Yeah, I just saw that.

Heh :)

Multiple threads with ambiguous titles FTW! Wumpus would have been so proud.

-Tom

Hey there’s nothing ambiguous about “I played this indie game and you should too!” I made sure of it!

So am I in the clear? :)

If a AAA game released by literally the largest company of any kind in the world (Amazon’s “Crucible”) is allowed in the “Little Indie Games” thread (or was before it was unceremoniously killed), I think you can post about games that haven’t been released yet.

I promise that once they are released and if I purchase them, then I will post about them in the “I played this indie game and you should too!” thread :)

Worth knowing about implies that the game you are speaking of probably isn’t out yet. Little indie games worth playing, now you have a leg to stand on. If anything, this thread errors on the side of talking about games that are already playable, when it really should be more of an advance notice to keep your eyes on sort of thread, given the title.