Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Endzone has left early access.

Eximus has left early access.

2D retro platformer in black and white and red, with great chiptunes. This reminds me of Cave Story.

Indie 3D sci-fi RTS.

Stubbs got an updated re-release. Details here.

I’m enjoying it so far. Keeping the needs of your population met while balancing relations with your ministers, neighbors, and superpowers can be challenging, particularly with a limited number of action points/turn. Plus it seems as though every turn there are one or two major policy decisions, and the choices are usually pretty tough.

The one flaw I’ve found (and developers say this will be addressed in 1.1) is that trade deals can’t be renegotiated. Right now the only way to do it is to rip up the old one and start over, but that affects your relationship with the trading partner.

err can anyone tell me what setting I must have changed in Edge that means I can no longer see any of @Bobtree’s Steam links - they don’t display at all. ie I can’t see anything. TIA.

They aren’t displaying in my Firefox either. Discourse issue, maybe?

Edit: But they seem to work in Chrome. Weird.

They’re still showing up in Vivaldi.

you’re right they are showing up in Chrome. Huh.

Vivaldi - well that’s my learning for the day!

Just to confuse things, I don’t see the links any more either and I’m on Vivaldi. Although at the moment I’m also on Linux so that presumably has something to do with it.

I’m on a MacBook using Chrome and see nothing!

I’m using Chrome on my desktop PC and do not see the last two entries either, they just look like blank posts. Edit to add: same for his post from 14d ago.

Here’s a Steam link to a game you may have heard of to see if a random game can be linked:

Had to turn off uBlock to see Bobtree’s links.

uBlock is blocking store.steampowered.com/widget, which is Bobtree’s links, but Charlatan’s link was apparently reparsed to match Discourse’s css instead of using the widget.

The definition for the blocking was under the “Ads” section in list “EasyList”. It looks like an update yesterday added the URI to that list, and another later one that removed it. SO if you update your uBlock filters all should be well.

I’ve only just now realised how truly awful uBlock’s icon-driven UI is.

Edit: okay, it does have mouse-over info, but the delay made me think it didn’t have any, so that’s something.

Dunno how @Bobtree create his links but when I want to link a game I go to Steam, click the ‘share this’ Reddit button, and copy the URL that’s generated in the new browser tab.

I have no idea how else to do this!

The widget Bob got is what you get when you just paste in a URL directly to the game listing in the Steam store.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259790/Puyo_Puyo_Tetris_2/

becomes

Discourse being clever again I assume.

I’m on Firefox and I can see the widgets fine. No uBlock here.

Thanks, that worked. The general update didn’t at first, but I ticked the option to force easylist to update and then updated again.

I’m using the Brave browser and yesterday all Steam links were blocked. I got a message saying the link was blocked by an extension. I checked and didn’t see any that I had that would block it. This morning however, I can now see the links fine again. So, something has changed.

So this is funny, the steam things were showing up fine in Vivaldi. On mobile. On Desktop they’re blank. Hahaha.