Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

So that Unending War chess game? Yeah, don’t bother. Battles are sooo slow and boring and you can’t save during them. I’m also not the best chess player, but mana is a limited resource and to battle over a tile you need to either spend mana or concede the tile, which is poppycock if you ask me. I refunded it.

Thanks for the follow up, that one looked interesting. Bummer it didn’t work out, but good to know!

Yeah I’m actually sad about it, t’was a great idea but a super tedious and not well-explained execution.

So, “unending”? ^_^

ObOnTopic: Not new, but me and kiddo were playing Spiritfarer this weekend using remote play (which works suprisingly well). It’s delightful. I recommend.

This cute game about being a spider has an accessibility option for arachnophobes that turns the protagonist into a pink puffball.

I like that dancing is a game play option.

Just putting this somewhere. From the technical lead of RF Guerrilla, a game focused on sweet physics destruction :P

They used tilt-shift and seem to also have small islands, so this thing looks so much like Besiege.

I’ve been playing this on my phone, and it’s pretty fun. Probably best describe as Master of Civlysium.

This is out today and doesn’t even appear to be in Early Access!

Concept sounds interesting, but I am going to wait for reviews. Some German guy has written a review similar in length to a Doctoral thesis (seriously, turn off “reviews in my language” and check that guy out), and is generally positive about it, even though he says the procedural generation doesn’t add much to the mountain diversity, so I’m on the edge of just picking that up.

The terrain in the screenshots looks extremely unrealistic.

I mean, what.

Looks very realistic! Assuming you’re a very tiny mountaineer trying to climb the Giant’s Causeway

It’s a turn based game, so it’s compulsory hexagons all the way down.

Yes, basalt columns were what immediately sprang to mind for me as well.

The other screenshots looked fine. I’m actually a little intrigued.

Dang it, Biz. I got excited thinking there actually was a turn-based mountain-climbing game…

A new turn based roguelike with cards just dropped in EA. It looks good and I’ll probably pick it up on the intro sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JPWNcOOMs0

That looks pretty cool

2D platformer

arcade side-scroller

casual strategy

3D third person sim-cade