Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Heh, looks like fun. I’ll chuck it in with my next purchase on Steam.

Glad to hear there’s at least some progress with this.

Sounds interesting.

Thanks for the link.

Sounds really cool.

I have a weak spot for trading sin and sailing games…

Btw does Wildermyth count as an indie game?

I’ve heard rave reviews and now that it is out, I bought it, but have yet to play it at all.

Not sure, but it has its own thread here already:

tyvm.

Oneiro looks cool but also like the kind of game that will be one penny before too long.

Very natural dialogue.

In fairness, the developers English is probably better than your (or mine) Serbo-Croation

Ohhh will do, thank you!

My god that was amazing. It’s like they made it for me!

The (Probably) thread is a thread of dreams and endless possibilities.

Instead of trying these games, I should do what each of us already does and imagine my own version of what games with these descriptions should look like.

This game, which I really really really want to like, will get getting its own thread shortly.

-Tom

I was gonna say “Somebody whose opinion matters to me didn’t like it”. I didn’t know I was coming from the future!

I just bought it but only fooled around with it a bit before skimming the manual. I’ll be interested in hearing your take on it.

Damn it krok. I’m going to be having a demo night aren’t I? Haven’t played one yet!

Krok plays the demos so we don’t have to! We just add them to our wishlist and later wonder why we wishlisted it.

I didn’t even know there was a Synthetik 2 one v:0

God, I miss Lemmings. Sitting in a computer lab in 1991, messing around with each level until I got it right. I did try it again around the year 2005 and discovered I didn’t have the patience for it anymore as the difficulty escalated quite quickly. Hopefully Moons of Darsalon isn’t quite as hard.

I played Lemmings last year for the first time since I was a kid and was kind of in awe at how well it has aged, lack of fast forward aside.

@krayzkrok oh, I have played one demo and that was ConnecTank. Heavily based on Rocket Slime but from what little there is in the demo it misses the mark. Hex grid for no good reason. Having to assemble your belts each level didn’t add a great deal (yet) but also made no real sense (why would it break between fights?). Once you start firing ammo, you just… keep firing, occasionally switching heights and firing counter ammo, until the enemy is dead. There’s potential for sure but it doesn’t hang together very well right now.

Looks awesome, ugh this thread over the last week has caused me to add over 50 games to my wishlist.

Oh my god, Terra Nil is just a lovely thing. When you get to the clean-up stage and you have to scrap and recycle all the stuff you’ve built to wipe all traces of us from the new environment/habitat, it feels sooo good and wholesome. I could get used to ‘reverse builders’. The presentation is really lovely as well.