Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I’ve only played the demo so far, but it’s great. It’s deeper than it looks. I’m definitely getting it. The discord is also surprisingly lively and the dev is quite receptive to feedback.

Yes! I saw someone playing Voidtrain on Twitch and it totally reminded me of Raft as well.

I’m intrigued but will either wait for it on Steam or a hard-to-resist sale on Epic.

Deckbuilding card game.

Action roguelike. Has a demo.

Obligatory Library of Ruina theme song link. I have been programmed. Must post.

Might be the only game where I understood less after playing the tutorial.

The tip was posted in the Games Pass thread – turn off Quick Mode in the top left of the screen. Later you will want to put it back on, but Quick Mode skips over a bunch of dice rolls that really help you understand combat, at the start.

Heh. That was quite an experience!

It’s Pixeljam published. I’m even more biased.
I never played it and didn’t look at it but know it is awesome!

monch the infidels

I don’t know why, but that got a good laugh out of me

That looks fantastic, wishlisted. I’ll wait for EA to finish, but I’m all over that when it’s done.

Slice And Dice is great.

Played it during the beta on Android and bought it as soon as it released in full. Well recommended.

2D spaceship building puzzle game.

This is pretty good.

The story beats are charming and short enough to not get annoying.
The ship building is quick and satisfying with a good range of different requirements and some room for personal flavour.
I’d recommend this.

Looks promising. Wishlisted

Oh, thanks for the hands-on report, Therlun! I’m really curious about this. Glad it’s solid.

New city builder (also linked in the city builder thread), High Rise City. Demo is available for the next week or so.

Here’s a little video from the devs, only 4 minutes, which gives an overview:

Just me or does it look and sorta feel as sterile as Cities Skylines?

That’s been the problem of every city builder if you ask me, and why they should give up making those games now that Slipways exists.

I’d say Anno is an exception, but otherwise, it is a common problem in the genre.

Indeed. Also, Tropico has its issues, but a lack of personality isn’t one of them. Really its mostly a problem of modern metropolis builders - historical and fantastical builders generally fare better.