Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Interesting you mentioned a story campaign, I didn’t even realize one existed. I played 4 or 5 hours yesterday and had an absolute blast playing a medium map against 4 AIs. In fact I’m still in the midst of it currently, the God event really threw a wrench in things, but I like that the enemies that spawned didn’t just beeline for the human player and started attacking everyone.

And while I’ve only messed with two races, one in the tutorial and the one I’m playing now in a campaign I can definitely see how they’re different, always love to see that.

I knew if Dastactic was still singing it’s praises a couple years after it launched there had to be something worth checking out and there definitely is.

Anything right now that gets me to stop playing AI War 2 is a winner and I foresee spending a good bit of time with this one.

Wondering . . . could we form up a gang for an async multiplayer match? I do not have it installed anymore, does it have async MP as an option? :-)

Not sure why since it seems like such a no brainer putting MP in this game, but it’s only SP I’m afraid.

So the only MP you could make happen is hotseat.

I must say, the trailer amused me (sort of reminded me of Monty Python with the human hand coming in and knocking them down):

Syphilisation takes the established tropes of 4X games and attempts to show post-colonial alternatives to each of them.

I look forward to the sequel, Penicillination.

I hear they have plans for a pretty cool little side story, Itburnswhenipeepeenation.

I didn’t know Churchill’s genitals had been colonised by bacteries. Damn.

Yeah… I would have opted for Killtheinvasion, but then I’m also not a feminist.

This isn’t just early access, it’s very early access. From the Steam page:

So, it’s not out so much as its casting about for playtesters.

-Tom

Casting about only for playtesters who are willing to pay for the privilege.

Oh, it absolutely is! It only came to EA 17th of August. Again from the devs words:

This breaks down into six categories and so my goal is to get them all done by the end of October. Three features a month is a schedule that I think is aggressive but feasible and this will let me get to the next cycle of iteration a little faster.

Let’s see if the developer can meet his own roadmap! We’ll judge him by his deeds, not his words …

Well he kind of calls to being judged by his word with that title!

Playtesters/game designers by the sounds… :P

Paid DLC. Or should that be paid STD?

Love the lone review for this

Steam just brought this to my attention, and $8 is certainly within my “why not?” budget.

Plus it reminds me of that other game I was looking forward to, the name of which escapes me, but it was in development for years before dying a slow painful death.

“That Which Sleeps”. I’m still bummed out about that game and the developer.

That Which Sleeps! I’m still bummed as well.