Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Curiously, forgedinblood.com and forgedofblood.com point to the same web site.

Blood is full of iron. They just have to extract the iron first

That’s pretty metal.

This looks pretty damn good, 11 bit studios again!

Wow that is incredibly well done pixel art animation.

Been eyeing that one for months. Coming to Switch as well.

The bit of soundtrack in the trailer is really good. I wishlisted it. :)

(Pssst. In case you don’t get the reference.)

Project Aura emerged from Early Access today.

I forget if it was because I was bored or drunk, but I bought it a couple of years ago. I remember after going through the tutorial that I felt it was sort of like the latter-day Anno games, but with more micromanagement and a more obtuse interface. I set it aside until it was officially fully baked. Which it now is (presumably).

I haven’t dived in yet, but it may give me something to do for the next week until Battletech hits. I also see there’s now some DLC for sale. Don’t ask - I have no idea.

This game looks interesting:

Tempest Citadel

It has X-Com style research, base and personnel management, but not so great short generally hands off combat, with a scavenging minigame.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/436690/Tempest_Citadel/

For the King out today. What’s the word on it?

I own it, but when last I played it, it still felt unfinished. The mechanics just felt awkward, and the UI felt incomplete- I kept having questions about things it didn’t seem to be able to answer. There’s the core of a good idea there, I just think it isn’t fully baked.

How long ago did you last play?

The “recent” steam rating is worse than the overall rating, which I find troubling.

It’s excellent, but make sure you read the entire Help section.

I played it last week.

Yikes! I haven’t played it in a while. I need to play it again and see what the deal is. It was very good when I last played it but that was long after I’d gotten over the initial hump of struggling to figure stuff out. They probably need a really good tutorial.

Some Graveyard Keeper gameplay:

It’s like a Stardew Valley where you’d bury the neighbours’ bodies!

Trailer is interesting, but the Dev diaries even more so. I like the sound of this game.

This is clever and free so give it a shot if you haven’t played it before.

http://paperdino.com/save-the-date/