LittleBigPlanet: coming soon with number suffix

Played multiplayer last night with epthegeek and had a lot of fun. Grappling is still not great, but the rest of it was a blast. (We must have spent 10-15 minutes trying to get some prizes that were above a section where you had to grapple around to launch yourself up. Yuck.)

I’ve played through the first two worlds with my daughter, and some community levels. The whole time I was playing, I just kept watching all the new gadgets, camera controls, lighting effects, and tools and thinking to myself that I can’t wait to see what the creative community comes up with for this.

Is there an explanation for the crazy motion smoothing stuff? I’ve seen 3 different tvs where we had to turn off the motion smoothing stuff. It makes everything look worse. Does it actually look better to some people, is that why it’s on by default?

Great trailer that shows the variety of games that can be created from LBP 2. It’s called “The History of Gaming”

+1 Smile

+1 Smile 2

Just played this level today. Zelda first dungeon remake. Holy crap the things this engine can do:

When i played it it had the original 8bit dungeon theme.

Direct link for you to queue it up:

Sadly, shutting down, so no more downloading other people’s levels in LittleBigPlanet games. LittleBigPlanet 3 servers for the PS4 versions staying online for now.

:frowning:

LittleBigPlanet 3
Due to ongoing technical issues which resulted in the LittleBigPlanet 3 servers for PS4 being taken offline temporarily in January 2024, the decision has been made to keep the servers offline indefinitely. All online services including access to other players’ creations for LittleBigPlanet 3 are no longer available. User generated content (UGC) stored locally on your PS4 will remain available. Any new UGC you create can be played on your PS4 but not shared. Offline features such as the campaign will remain playable.

from sony’s game server announcement page.

“Nearly 16 years worth of user generated content, millions of levels, some with millions of plays and hearts,” wrote one long-time player, Weeni-Tortellini, on Reddit in January. “Absolutely iconic levels locked away forever with no way to experience them again. To me, the servers shutting down is a hefty chunk bitten out of LittleBigPlanet ’s history. I personally have many levels I made as a kid. Digital relics of what made me as creative as i am today, and The only access to these levels i have is thru the servers. I would be devastated if I could never experience them again.”

Man, that really brings it home. That really sucks. I personally didn’t have any investment in the game, but I really feel for these people.