Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

Great stream tonight, biased as I am super hyped for SGW3.

Nice to see Tom hasn’t lost his touch with mine disarming. :D

Okay, that wasn’t my fault. I was the victim of a poorly documented minigame.

Plus, that sort of unintended eruption happens to a lot of men.

-Tom

I wasn’t able to make it last night. Who won Request Wednesday?

Also, going from Sniper 4 to Sniper 3, isn’t that moving backwards? What prompted that?

You have your games confused. :)

Sniper Elite 4 is a WW2 title by Rebellion.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is a present day title, by City Interactive.

Request Wednesday winner is an early access MOBA called Battlerite.

The winner of Request Wednesday was Battlerite. So Tom will be getting his early access MOBA on.

I think the Sniper games are from different franchises and developers. Both franchises are proving to have lethal anti-Chick mines.

Edit: As @lordkosc has already pointed out.

A MOBA? I wonder if that was @Jason_McMaster’s vote? He’s pretty MOBA-obsessed still, isn’t that right Jason?

I still remember about a year’s worth of Qt3 games podcasts where Tom and Jason did this shtick where Jason would want to talk about League of Legends, and Tom would want to talk about anything besides LoL.

Haha, no, not my vote this time. I should vote for HotS every week.

I will say that I looked it up after it won and it’s the same people that did the Dead Island MOBA… which was ok.

Why is it when I want to see and participate with stream it is almost never Mon, Wed, Fri? This is ones of those nights again (Tues).

Wow, this has got to be the most informative two sentences I’ve read here in a while. So the two games are in different series. They are by different developers. And they have different time period settings. That’s crazy. I wonder why whoever had the name first doesn’t sue the other for confusing the franchises?

I’d be kind of surprised if you could sue based on use of the word “sniper”. Also, since the developers are in different countries (Poland and the UK), I imagine that makes it even more problematic?

But, yeah, I had been conflating both sets of games until a few weeks ago!

-Tom

Publishers will sue for anything. I mean, didn’t Bethesda try to sue Mojang because of the name Scrolls?

It’s Monday and Tom is streaming Gal Civ III: Crusade Expansion pack. The stream is live and you can find it here.

@marquac why do you always post using the Gaming format YT link? There is a link on the normal YouTube player page to Night Mode/Gaming view, but from that Gaming view I can never get back to the normal view.

I apologize. I just copy the link I always use for the stream which is the night mode. Thank you for letting me know that though. From now on I’ll use the regular view and post that. :)

Drat, I was hoping you would drop in with an easy tip on how to get out of Gaming mode…

Hazy, give this link a try. It’s to the regular non gaming mode stream.

It’s Request Wednesday, or rather it would normally be Request Wednesday except this week Request Wednesday will be on Friday. Instead of Request Wednesday, Tom will be playing Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge DLC. The stream starts at 6:00 pm Pacific, 9:00 pm Eastern.

You can find the non-night mode stream here.

You can find the night mode stream here.

Is there a way I can see what people were typing in an old stream Tom did? I’m watching the “My Summer Car” and would love to see what you all were adding as Tom played.

Sadly only Twitch has that functionality at the moment, at least built in. There are overlays and such one could use however, to get the chat visible on the stream.

Which leads me to wonder why Tom chose YouTube as his game streaming platform, and not Twitch, back when he started. It seems as if it was (is?) the place to be, as far as streaming your playthroughs goes.