Lost Ark (isometric ARPG/MMO) general discussion

After starting with a Gunlancer, I find a lot of classes so squishy so another beefy guy would be nice. I’m tempted, but I also really want to try Summoner again and I still don’t have a support so I’m really looking forward to the Artist. Given the pace new classes are coming out, she might not make it to the West this year though.

I want to play them all but there’s only so much bandwidth for alts. I already have GL, Sorc, Shadowhunter, and Glaivier in T3 along with a rep-bot Soulfist in T2 and a couple stragglers that will stay in T1.

Man, you guys! I have a sorceress in T3 gear, and a sharpshooter who still is in Luterra. That’s it.

Use the express missions and the feiton pass and you will have two more characters in T3 in no time.

Had a run of good honing luck this evening and now sit one upgrade from 1415 on my gunlancer. With the announcement of Valtan releasing on the 19th, that’s good timing.

I discovered that it is very easy to play Lost Ark on a laptop with no mouse (just trackpad) after forgetting to pack one on a recent trip.

I saved up about 5 days of materials and started at 1400.83 gearscore. I ended at 1400.83 gearscore. :)

All y’all talking about the XCOM honing is why I haven’t really felt the urge to work on getting past 600…

NICE!

@KevinC i felt that pain going from 15 to 16 on my gloves.

Turns out you get a free set of 802 gear just by running the Yorn chaos dungeon when that unlocks, so learn from my wasted honing materials, hehe.

This is why they tell you to go to Yorn when you hit 600. Same thing happens at 1100 (you get 1302 in Punika)

Another tip, you can transfer your lvl 15 tier one gear over to the newly aquired tier 2 gear to get your first +1, using the gear tranfer function at the honing station. Same with tier 2 to tier 3.

Oh, I’m aware of these things. But there’s still honing between 600 and 1100, etc. with all the “fun” that entails.

Another tip I got was to visit a bunch of islands and do all of the quests on each. That has yielded quite a few mats so far.

It’s a matter of perspective. Especially at high-end honing, I try to look at it as an EXP bar I’m progressing with a small chance to get lucky and get a free level. I’m working towards maxxing my artisans energy rather than fishing for a lucky roll.

Yeah, this is the only sane way of looking at honing, particularly past 1400.

For sure. And there’s other things someone can do with those materials if they feel frustrated. You can sell them for gold and use that to pick up gems, engraving books, or good accessories all of which have very noticeable impacts on your effectiveness.

Alternatively, you can send them to alts and level then up. That’s what I did for a while after hitting 1385 for the honing buff. So now I have a 1370 Glavier and two others at 1340 all supplying materials to my main, making it a little less painful pushing to 1415.

So yeah it wasn’t awesome not increasing my gearscore but I did max out my “EXP” and got my gloves to +17 this morning. So I was making progress, I just didn’t get particularly lucky.:)

/End ramble

I’m at +15 on all my gear - what does one do with several Ks of stuff you still have that’s bound to the character?

Stare at it sitting in your inventory and weep.

Supposedly they are contemplating turning more into roster bound instead of just bound, so don’t chuck them yet.

I just made it to South Vern and wanted to say “I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.”