Lucifer TV show

I’ll miss it if it goes. About as much as when they cancelled Forever. It’s just a fun watch.

Kaput.

And… SEASON 4

As I said in the other thread, hooray!

Woohoo!!!

I hope that means Netflix will be streaming the first three seasons so I can finally see it.

May 8th is the premiere date

Reminder, Lucifer season 4 is now available on Netflix.

I enjoyed this for awhile but got pretty irritated with it by the end of season 2 for reasons I can’t clearly recall anymore. I know I always found the procedural elements grating - so many genre shows are bogged down with that nonsense.

I don’t suppose they move away from it in 3 and 4?

I’m curious about that, too. I watched the first season on Hulu (probably) why back when it was airing, and I kind of liked it, kind of didn’t, but I definitely felt that the cop-procedural stuff was the worst part. Then again, I kind of hate that stuff to begin with, so I’m biased.

I stayed rewatching in the background recently, and am about halfway through the second season. I’m liking them bringing more of the ‘family’ into the story, but the cop stuff is still there. I find it most interesting as a study on how we can find complete narcissists entertaining and likeable.

Well the cop procedural element is the basis for Lucifer staying here on Earth, so it’s kind of an integral part of the show. Its the reason all of these relationships came together. I think they have done a good job of doing the procedural thing while keeping the underlying mythology very relevant. Of course if you hate police procedurals, then this may not be the show for you because it is and always has been a big part of the show.

It’s also the part of the show that has sweet fuckall to do with the original source material so it’s maybe integral to the weird thing they decided to do when first adapting it but like… they could have just done a more direct adaptation.

I forgot Tricia Helfer joined in season 2 and I’m the one the freaking posted the news here… is she back for season 4?

Right? And it’s just exhausting, it’s like you can’t get a genre show made unless it’s also a cop show. It can’t just be a supernatural thing, it has to be a supernatural cop show. Time travel show? No, time travelling cop show! AI show? Nope, AI cop show. And on and on and on…

Imdb check says no.

Well, Supernatural might not be the best example…

Huh? I’m saying Lucifer is a show about the supernatural, but isn’t allowed to just be that, instead it also has to be a cop show for some stupid reason.

Yeah, sure, but you said you can’t get a show made unless it’s also a cop show, can’t just be a supernatural show. And Supernatural is a show that exists only about Supernatural stuff. And exists and exists and exists, think it’s going for it’s last season now, 15 I believe.

Right, but that’s actually a data point in my favor - 15 years ago a genre show didn’t have to be a cop show to get made, and clearly there’s demand for such a thing or Supernatural wouldn’t still be on!

I’m also not claiming it’s universal (it’s easy enough to find “pure” genre shows, after all), but it does seem to be a very common thing (especially with network TV). It’s easy to come up with good genre shows weighed down by mediocre procedural cruft - Person of Interest and Continuum both spring instantly to mind.