Lucifer TV show

Watched the first 4 episodes last night, and I wanted to skip work today and watch the rest. Its a REAL step up from Season 3, its not GoT story telling, but its engaging and fun, and even moving away from Police procedure, at least it felt like that was only 20% of the show instead of 80%. The new character they introduce is fun and cant wait to see more…

You should watch season 3

Supernatural is as much a procedural as any. The bros are investigators who solve crimes that happen to be supernatural. Hell, they play fake cops in almost every episode. They are even part of an unofficial police force called Hunters. And they are not shy with the crime of the week format either. If it walks like a duck…

Well, Lucifer has maintained the style and fun of the series in spite of its change of venue. There is a new underlying story line running and the crime solving is still a part of the show. But the show is not really about the police cases and frankly it never was. The cop procedural thing exists because it is the conceit Lucifer uses to maintain his connection to Decker. It’s simply the background to the bigger story.

I’m on S1 episode 10. Seeing what the ravages of time have done to Rebecca De Mornay makes me sad.

Love the song Lucifer wrote in s2e14:

“A crime-solving devil
It makes sense
Don’t over-think it.”

They’ve been getting a little meta lately, but this was much funnier to me than most of the stuff.

Well, I finished the most recent season and it was very good. Its shorter but that’s not necessarily a bad thing because it forced them to tighten their focus and cut out fluff episodes. Still even for a shorter season the peripheral characters like Dr Linda, Maze and Lopez all had big roles to play. The way it the season ends would work as a series finale but word is that the show was a hit for Netflix and had their best streaming numbers of the year so it’s likely that it will be back for more.

I am in S2 E16. It is a very fun show, the cast is on point. Just sad that the God Johnson was a one-off, I like this actor so much. Liked him on Supernatural where he played Cain and liked him here where he played kindagod.

I really enjoyed season 4 and was pleased to see it come back, and thought the ending was indeed a series finale. It honestly didn’t occur to me we may still get a season 5, so I’m really glad to hear it did well for Netflix!

Renewed for a fifth, final season on Netflix

Sweet! I actually got a renewal prediction right!

Just finished the 4th season and liked it very much. I actually wished they added another episode or two and did more with the demon invasion.

Currently watching this on Netflix. What a great show! Usually I get sick of a show after the first season or so, but not this one. Halfway through season 3 and still hooked.

I think this show just lost me.

S3E18 Spoiler Warning

> I get the that relationship between Lucifer and Chloe is complicated and that’s a lot of what makes the show work. But now the show has become Clark from Smallville stealing screen time and Lucifer’s ‘partner’. I’m cool with adding characters here and there to keep the show fresh, but I would’ve far happier to see him depart like he was supposed to. I actually just think I’m vicariously jealous for Lucifer,heh.

Well… you have to realize this, but there is more going on here than you know.

Avoiding spoiler territory, and only being ep19, I hope it shakes out.

As much as I like Tom Welling, and was excited to see him get some work here, god damn I hated his character and story arc on this show.

6 episodes is almost another season. Good. The last season was good, but I missed not having as much time to spend with the secondary characters.

I was kinda hoping for a short and tight season with zero filler, but it seems that’s out the windows now with so many episodes again.
Oh well, I will still enjoy it since I like the characters.