Lulzsec releases list of passwords and email addresses

WARNING : The site at the link above has the fake “Anti-Virus Alert” scam all over it. Probably best to avoid it.

Pot, meet kettle.

Sort of. 4chan and Anonymous have shown nascent signs of developing a moral code. LulzSec just took the pure trolling origins of Anon and brought them to a more sophisticated level, without the anarchic activism of 4chan. As is shown in the picture. 4chan are insulting them because there’s no purpose to what Lulzsec are doing. Anon have at least targeted people in some way guilty of abusing the public’s trust.

Mine wasn’t in there either. But dammit, I just did a reset of all of my passwords because of the PSN.

Really? My apologies. My popup blocker must have killed it because I did not see it myself.

4chan? Moral code? It’s just a platform for random people to do random things, some enormously creative, but mostly horribly disgusting. How can it have a moral code?

I’m talking about friendship. I’m talking about character. I’m talking about… hell, Leo, I’m not embarrassed to use the word, I’m talking about ethics.

Lulzsec is going down fast.

I just had an “unusual activity” alert on my Gmail maybe 10 minutes after getting an email from a Bitcoin trading outfit called Mt Gox that I apparently signed up for and forgot about saying they were hacked and all my info was taken. Fortunately, Gmail logged me off and locked out my account until I verified through text message, but still, spooky.

I think I’m switching to the two-factor authentication Google offers. I’d hate to have to ditch my Gmail account.

it’s searchable by email. If you’re pogo1983_… , you’re screwed. Otherwise, nothing starting with pogo. This does indeed seem to be a very small (and likely outdated) release. Thank heavens for that.

I’ve been following this a little:

Someones account on Mt Gox got hacked and his coins set for sale.
This caused all kinds of trouble on Mt Gox. They shutdown the site and sent an email to gmail asking them to “invalidate” the passwords for all gmail accounts on Mt Gox.

Check the page here

It appears that someone who performs audits on our system and had read-only access to our database had their computer compromised. This allowed for someone to pull our database. The site was not compromised with a SQL injection as many are reporting, so in effect the site was not hacked.
Two months ago we migrated from MD5 hashing to freeBSD MD5 salted hashing. The unsalted user accounts in the wild are ones that haven't been accessed in over 2 months and are considered idle. Once we are back up we will have implemented SHA-512 multi-iteration salted hashing and all users will be required to update to a new strong password.
[b]We have been working with Google to ensure any gmail accounts associated with Mt.Gox user accounts have been locked and need to be reverified. [/b]
Mt.Gox will continue to be offline as we continue our investigation, at this time we are pushing it to 8:00am GMT. 
When Mt.Gox comes back online, we will be putting all users through a new security measure to authenticate the users. This will be a mix of matching the last IP address that accessed the account, verifying their email address, account name and old password. Users will then be prompted to enter in a new strong password.
Once Mt.Gox is back online,  trades  218869~222470 will be reverted.

This whole bitcoin/MTGOX fiasco has been fascinating to watch over the past week or two.

This happened right as my buddies and I finished mining our second coin.

Wow. I read the wiki page about it, and I still have no freaking idea what bitcoins are for.

I mean, I guess I kind of understand what they are. But I have no idea what their use case is supposed to be.

No actual purpose, more like a weird cultural crossover of ultra-nerds and goldbug libertarians. Steve Gibson thinks they’re awesome, his Security Now show is how I learned about bitcoins. He’s still the only person I’ve heard of that likes them…

That should have been your first warning.

I don’t think it was setup for this, but it’s a secure currency for the use of people who do illegal activity on the internet - IE people that write viruses, send spam, steal CC#'s, etc.

There’s another one called Webmoney that is also used a lot.

The Economist just had an article about bitcoin: http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2011/06/virtual-currency

All you need to know about bitcoins - http://buttcoin.org/

This thread is freaking me out! I’ve activated 2 way authentication for my Google-account which I hope keeps me safe for now.